Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

French Market...

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
....in Shoreham. Anyone know which day it is held each month. I would like to go.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If it's anything like the one I went too, a couple of weeks ago, you'll find yourself thinking 'have the natives never seen cheese before'.

The garlic munching surrender monkey, behind the counter, ran out of till space to stash all the notes being thrown at him.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
If it's anything like the one I went too, a couple of weeks ago, you'll find yourself thinking 'have the natives never seen cheese before'.

The garlic munching surrender monkey, behind the counter, ran out of till space to stash all the notes being thrown at him.

:lolol::lolol:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
The farmers market is the second Sat every month. The French market I think is only once a year, tho I think it is coming up soon as part of the Adur festival.

Thanks,that is what I was thinking of. Cheers.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I remember a French market a few years ago in Lewes where they ran out of baguettes, so one of the French stallholders surreptitiously nipped round to Tescos to buy a load!

Mark-up-tastic. That'll be the winner of the next 'L'Apprentice' series right there.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
There was one in April. The next one is September, but the date is yet to be confirmed. But as it was the farmers market you were after, ignore it.

Lush

Mods' Pet

Wonder if the French authorities would even allow a similar English market to clog up their towns and take custom from their local traders?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Mark-up-tastic. That'll be the winner of the next 'L'Apprentice' series right there.

Wonder if the French authorities would even allow a similar English market to clog up their towns and take custom from their local traders?

Apart from curry, which the French seem to like and be interested in, what would they sell them? They did this in the Apprentice a while back and, oddly, the locals were slightly underimpressed with the 2-3kg slabs of plastic-looking mousetrap cheddar that the spiky haired besuited buffoons had lugged over there.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
To be honest it is a rip off as the price each French item as 1 euro = £1 so I would not bother. Not normally that inspiring either however the Farmers market is good.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Who the f**k would want to buy English rubbish when you can buy superior French food?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here