Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Freeview

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Curious bounce.

You've been able to get E4 for free for a while now, along with the new More4 and a whole host of other new channels that keep getting added fairly regularly now

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Bluejuice said:
Curious bounce.

You've been able to get E4 for free for a while now, along with the new More4 and a whole host of other new channels that keep getting added fairly regularly now

Won't be many more being added till 2012, theres only 1 slot left free, and it looks like Channel 4 have bought that. Any 'new' channels will be at the expense of time on other ones, like ITV4 eating at ITV News's time

After 2012 the capacity will be nearly doubled, though, when the analogue starts going.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I shouldn't worry. TopUp TV is as likely to go the distance as ITV digital.

People pay a premium for sports and movies, there's little appeal in forking out just to get old comedy repeats and 'lifestyle' programmes

Virgos Magician

Sep 13, 2004
Sydney
My Freeview box works fine, just occasionly it freezes but u change the channel back and forth and it works, only got mine for 40 in july and had no problems. Dont think TOTV is worth it, im sure the channels they do have will come onto normal like E4 did.

rospants said:
freeview is ok as long as you've got a decent enough aerial to pick it up

Well, i use freeview with a cheap set-top aerial, no problem.

i've known of people who get a crappy analogue signal on some channels, but a fine digital one for all channels.

my suggestion would be to borrow someone's freeview box to check on the signal strength/whether you need to upgrade you aerial (if this is at all possible)

as a rule shops do not allow you to return the box if you can't get a signal.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
I'd check the quality of your aerial lead too. When I first got my Ondigital box it kept freezing and not picking up some channels. Changed the leads and now all it does is the occasional freeze.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here