Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Freeview

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
kinkygerbil said:
Was thinking of getting it, is it worth it?

Is it worth nothing? Yes it is.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
For a one off payment its pretty decent as it gets you some decent channels in digital, which is much better quality. Nothing like the choice of Sky though.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Nope.

ITV 2 can be useful for a bit of choice when the Champions League games are on, and BBC 3 has the odd good thing on it, although the best bits come to the terrestial channels in time. It's okay, worth a poke.

Last edited:

Mr Fridge

Oct 13, 2004
No you have to pay extra for it. (E4 that is its on top-up tv).

Freeview is OK if you have nothing else, after all eventually we will all need something else as the current signal is getting switched off.

I have freeview in the bedroom (and on the main TV but only as its a DVB I don't use the DVB section as it is currently to difficult to record using the signal and I prefer the old clunkey text to digital text.)

Little Piggy

Oct 27, 2003
Ireland
You get a couple of music channels as well. They are just pop rubbish on a little loop really, but since most pop videos these days are an excuse to show women with hardly anything on, its all good stuff.

Go get it. :thumbsup:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I got a Grundig Freeview and it's OK apart from it doesn't get any of the ITV channels. No ITV1, no ITV2, no Channel 4. Well it does once in a blue moon if I retune it, then it fizzes and squeaks and generally protests before blanking the picture out with a 'Bad signal' message. (Is there some other gizmo I should be buying anyone know?). But all the Beeb channels are crystal clear including BBC3, BBC4 and listening to Five Live on it now. Also gets Channel 5 - which is more than terrestial manages here in BN1. Loads of Hits-type audio channels and there's more being added all the time. OK most of them are crap like the Christian channel and the Country & Western channel - but it's nice to know they're there for some reason. Well worth it, especially now as they're about thruppence in Argos.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
towbarball said:
Install a 10x booster on to your signall.:clap:

Cheers :clap: Tho where would I get one? What would I ask for? What would I plug it into? What would it cost? Would it get GOSBTS ringtones? When are the fixtures out?

Well? ???

ro's pants

May 24, 2004
my house
Tom Hark said:
Cheers :clap: Tho where would I get one? What would I ask for? What would I plug it into? What would it cost? Would it get GOSBTS ringtones? When are the fixtures out?

Well? ???

get one from maplins on london road, start at about 15 quid

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
you can get e4 on freeview now, top-up-tv gets uk gold, eurosport, cartoon network, uk style, bloomberg, discovery channel and more for £7.99 a month
in my view not worth it

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
TUTV also only gets between 3 and 4 of those channels at any one time

Go for it, its free. I can get the BBC and ITV Freeview channels here on a good day, but even my dual high gain wideband antennas can't quite push the other muxes high enough to be anything but garbled noise. Which is odd, as I get the analogue UK channels quite well...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here