seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
more than one but less than three

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Ok whilst we're on a tv theme. I moving into an apartment for a while before rest of the family join me. It has a communal satellite dish shared between 12 apartments.

Can I take along with me one of my spare sky boxes and get the free channels or can I buy one of these freeview thingys and plug it into the dish?

Cheers

Pretty sure you can get all your subscription channels channels so long as you don't plug a phone line in! :smile:

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Freeview is picked up by an aeriel. You will be able to pick up the free channels on satellite with your sky box by plugging it into the communal system , this will be cheaper than buying a Freesat box.

Ah ok that sounds good. Can I put a Freesat card in a sky digibox? I only ask because I think I'd get all the fiver channels extra with the freesat.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Freesat doesn't use any cards at all.

FreesatFromSky does. Subtle but very important difference. And yes, they'll work in a Sky box.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Don't hold your breath. Apparently Sky and a few other parties are seeking a judicial review through the courts. Best estimate I've heard is its not likely to be before the end of the year at the earliest!

Sorry to bounce an oldie but a bloke from top up tv rang me earlier re ESPN and i mentioned to him about the Sky Sports thing - he said it's nearly sorted in court and they're gona have sky sports available on freeview / top up TV by the start of the footy season - dunno if anyone can shed some light on this pls?!

Ta

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here