Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Freesat anyone?

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Anyone using Freesat with set top box. If so what is your opinion?

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Yep. I think it's great. Limited as to what you can view in HD to the BBC HD Channel and the odd bit of ITV HD broadcast (incl most of their footy) at the mo but I'm sure more will become available in time. I'm satisfied knowing that I don't have to pay that **** Murdoch a penny. I've got a Grundig which is fine but deosn't have any digital audio output unlike some of the newer ones.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Am I right in saying you get BBC1, BBC2, ITV, chanels 4 and five plus others, but BBC1 and some ITV programs are the only ones in HD?

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
You get all the regular channels plus loads of dodgy shit ones. As for HD there is a separate BBC HD Channel which at the mo broadcasts various BBC programmes from about 6pm and ITV have HD simulcasts for some of their programmes. As yet C4 HD isn't available on freesat.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Boxes are decent enough, the EPG data makes up for the worse functionality of a generic FTA box (same channels but only now/next on some channels vs. 7 days on all on Freesat).

Channel choice is more than enough for anyone who actually has a life beyond TV and doesn't want subscription sports; and obviously its a massive step up from 5 (or 4!) channel terrestrial.

Boxes are decent enough, the EPG data makes up for the worse functionality of a generic FTA box (same channels but only now/next on some channels vs. 7 days on all on Freesat).

Channel choice is more than enough for anyone who actually has a life beyond TV and doesn't want subscription sports; and obviously its a massive step up from 5 (or 4!) channel terrestrial.

But is it a step up from a standard freeview box? I have a weak freeview signal, only just strong enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here