Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Freemasonry

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
edna krabappel said:
I've been urged by the CPS to investigate far lesser assaults than that to the nth degree, so it makes you wonder how they arrived at that decision...

Surely given the thread title that should read "to the third degree"...?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
When presented with a set of facts that don't add up, it's only human to cast around for some explanation.

There is a clear inequality between how this individual has been treated and other types of alleged assault we see every day. Staggering.

Normally you'd get the MP involved...

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Tooting Gull said:
Normally you'd get the MP involved...

I thought about Private Eye...:nono:

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Man of Harveys said:
I thought about Private Eye...:nono:

Leave it; you know what Tim Minogue thinks about Falmer, Ian Hislop is not pro football at the best of times and in "man socks newspaperman" I fear they would be on the side of De Vecchi's lover; whatever the facts of the case.

Oh. Hang on. Sorry. I've just realised. You added a :nono: !!

simonsimon

Dec 31, 2004
Quoted by EDNA KRABAPPEL
"For the record, I don't know of any colleagues who are freemasons. Doubtless they exist somewhere, probably amongst the older and longer serving officers in the force. But I've never met anyone who's one."

I would suggest that every past chief constable has been a member of the Freemasons.

:smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

Slowhand

Aug 24, 2005
Near Lewes
Rotarians, Round Table, Golf Club, Rugby Club, School Tie, supporting the same Football Club, it could even be members of the same Bonfire Society.........

Why does it have to be Freemasons?

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
hove police have always welcomed unsavoury people,john tyndale(rot in hell)was a regular and welcome visitor to their social club.

all coppers are corrupt scum at heart.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Apparently a former Chief Constable of Sussex (possibly Keith Whitehouse, sic) made it his personal mission to drive freemasons out of the force, haven't a clue why, might have had something to do with suggestions of corruption or he might have been refused membership.

Haven't a clue how many members of the Sussex force are currently masons, and frankly I don't care, but there was a time when quite a large percentage were. I was told this by my dad who was a mason, a number of members of his lodge were Police officers, allegedly.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Downloaded Penguin said:
What has this got to do with Freemasonry ???

LDC are treating the district as their own private fiefdom straight out of the 14th century. They don't have to hold meetings in public, it's a nod here, a wink there. Lot of old country money in Falmer. They're not used to a bit of democratic opposition. They'll threaten to cut your balls off. I for one can't understand why LDC constituents don't drive these swine out of town at the earliest opportunity. Don't get mad, get even.

Last edited:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Sounds like we are heading back to the days when Sussex was divided into rapes.

simonsimon said:
I would suggest that every past chief constable has been a member of the Freemasons.
That's certainly NOT true in the case of Sussex Police.

As Gully points out, Paul (not Keith) Whitehouse was a fierce opponent of masonry in the police.

All the signs are that, by the eighties, membership of the freemasons started to be a real disadvantage to ambitious police officers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here