Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Freeman of The City of London

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Sorry mate, but IMHO you were just 'Doing a Look-At-ME-Everybody!' thread as per NSC's resident attention-seeker Hove Born Inbred. In fact you KNOW you are. Your thread is inappropriate because a) All the stuff you are looking for is freely available on tinternet and b) You are just one of these random blips on the radar that NSC wishes Happy Birthday to 53 times between midnight and 00:02 once a year.

'The main point of the thread was to try and find other Albion fans who were Freemen or Liveryman'. Yeah, right :rolleyes:

No offence.

Obviously.

Quite.

at least Tim you have put in the groundwork, annoyed us all for several thousand posts and - so far as is possible - earned the right to say LOOK. AT. ME.

Whereas, Roobie The Lurker seems to assume the right to say 'Hey! you Don't Know Me! My posts, if I made any ever, are utterly unmemorable. But look at me regardless, - and WORSHIP! - for I am a Freeman Of London'

At least you put in the hours on here and EARNED the right to be called WANKER!

No offence Tim :lol:

There was a time - although I'm beginning to struggle to remember when- when your posts were worth reading. Now they all seem to be a bit ****ish and shite. :shrug:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
[at the risk of veering back onto the subject]

I can highly recommend the book "London" by Edward Rutherfurd. Traces the real history of London by following a handful of fictional families from the days when it was a village through to WW2. Not in the least bit dry - a genuine page turner with added interest if you are at all interested in London.

The middle section of the book deals with the Worshipful Companies a great deal and by reading it you begin to understand that at the time they had an important social and economic role - not least of which because they did indeed elect the Mayor and were the only people to pay taxes. Add it to your Xmas list if you like history or fiction in general.

Apropos of nothing - my son goes to Judd School in Tonbridge. This grammar school was founded by the Worshipful Company of Skinners in the 1880's and named after a Andrew Judde who was the Master in the mid-1550's who was originally from Tonbridge. He also founded Tonbridge School (in 1551) and Skinners School (Grammar) in Tunbridge Wells in 1887.

So the Worshipful companies - certainly until the early 1990 - had a key role in education, developing infrastructure and so on in and around London. The benefit to them for a long time was that they controlled London - and hence the wealth. For a long time they were richer than the monarch - who used to borrow money from them to pay for wars.

I don't think being a Freeman of one of the Worshipful Companies has anything to do wit the sheep/bridge scenario.

terrymendez

Nov 22, 2006
Dials
Not trying to blow my out trumpet or anything, but I am becoming a Freeman of The City of London in two weeks time by patrimony. I will be a Freeman of the Merchant Taylors' Livery Company.

Just wondered if there any other Albion fans who are Freemen or indeed Liverymen?

Good on ya, whatever it is.

Sounds dull as hell to me...

manilaseagull

Used to be Swindonseagull
Last time I checked mate you weren't the owner, super-moderator and general judge of NSC.

Whether I have posted once or one million time doesn't deprive me of the right to post a thread.

I imagine from the vigour with which you attacked me thread that you have some kind of personal vendetta against Livery Companies which is your perogative and I have no problem with it but I see no reason for you to make it personal.

You and Hove Born and Bred clearly know each other personally so you have decided to attack the easy target who you don't know and use your status as a perceived "heavyweight" of the board to your advantage.

But you absolutely no right to judge me for what I post. The title of the threas made it clear what the topic was, if you didn't like the subject then why did you get involved.

You probably saw the chance to belittle a "lesser" member of NSC in front of your mates and generally feel pleased with yourself. You have probably succeeded as I have never felt so down on NSC as I do now.

Well done. You must be very proud of your efforts.

Dry your eyes Princess.....

D

Deleted User X18H

Last time I checked mate you weren't the owner, super-moderator and general judge of NSC.

Whether I have posted once or one million time doesn't deprive me of the right to post a thread.

I imagine from the vigour with which you attacked me thread that you have some kind of personal vendetta against Livery Companies which is your perogative and I have no problem with it but I see no reason for you to make it personal.

You and Hove Born and Bred clearly know each other personally so you have decided to attack the easy target who you don't know and use your status as a perceived "heavyweight" of the board to your advantage.

But you absolutely no right to judge me for what I post. The title of the threas made it clear what the topic was, if you didn't like the subject then why did you get involved.

You probably saw the chance to belittle a "lesser" member of NSC in front of your mates and generally feel pleased with yourself. You have probably succeeded as I have never felt so down on NSC as I do now.

How very very f***ing dare you, if a I new someone on this board personally then I wouldn't need to come on here to communicate with them. I know ROSS is Ross cos we have banter on here and that's it .......that said I would like to meet Ross to see if he is as gorgeous as all the girls say.

Also your dig about being a HEAVYWEIGHT member of the board is not appreciated I have a thyroid problem at the moment .........probably:censored:

D

Deleted User X18H

and Robin I have not attacked you I HAVE SUGGESTED you have sought attention but why have a community like this if it is not to let people know your achievements it may genuinely interest some, my magistracy raised some eyebrows!!

I also merely pointed out that you could if wanted purchase (though not directly) City Freeman ship my old Chairman pretty much did this trough charitable donations.

There is no heiracy on here (except the Mods) we are all just very sad little men ............and some women.

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
well i don't know about the freedom of london, but i was made a citizen of honfleur when i got married (as mong of harveys and dimster will remember).

and as for the unnnecessary bullying by heavyweight (does that mean fat c unts?) "members of nsc" what a load of bollox.

grow up lads and let robin enjoy his moment

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Well I'm not proud of my efforts as it happens. In fact I owe you an apology. Some ridiculous OTT posting on my part. Sorry. Hope it didn't spoil your day too much. I'll try engaging brain before posting next time. You caught me on a bad day, but that's no excuse :down:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
[In the voice of Harry Hill on TV burp]

So what's worse? Coming on NSC to brag or constantly referring to other posters by their real christian names?

There's only one way to find out...... FIGHT

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Well I'm not proud of my efforts as it happens. In fact I owe you an apology. Some ridiculous OTT posting on my part. Sorry. Hope it didn't spoil your day too much. I'll try engaging brain before posting next time. You caught me on a bad day, but that's no excuse :down:

Apology accepted. Let's close the matter. I won't post anything of the sort again, don't worry.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here