Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Free Kicks

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I was SEETHING last night about our poor attempts from Free Kicks, what on earth was that all about. I'm all for invention, but we had 3 or 4 great opportunites to test the keeper, but it wasn't until we got a FK almost on the line that we had a go, and guess what, the keeper made a brilliant save and we scored from the rebound.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We only scored the second goal because H Block made it clear that they wanted a shot on goal from the free kick in no uncertain terms. Not the first time the South Stand have had to tell the team or the bench what to do. Pathetic.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Fraser's freekicks in the first half were utter toss. Really should have taken a pop at goal to try and test the keeper rather than try and fanny about with something off the training pitch that they clearly haven't worked on enough.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
and G block had to keep telling the management to keep a player up when the opposition have a corner.

We only scored the second goal because H Block made it clear that they wanted a shot on goal from the free kick in no uncertain terms. Not the first time the South Stand have had to tell the team or the bench what to do. Pathetic.

We'll between us we'll get there !!!!

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
Matty Richards should take our direct freekicks from now on.

He went close against Leyton Orient late on in the game on Saturday.

And his free kick was a great effort last night, and it forced a great save out of the keeper to tip it onto the bar.

He has got a great left foot on him, we should just let him have a pop from a decent distance rather than try all this fancy pre-rehearsed shit!

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Matty Richards should take our direct freekicks from now on.

He went close against Leyton Orient late on in the game on Saturday.

And his free kick was a great effort last night, and it forced a great save out of the keeper to tip it onto the bar.

He has got a great left foot on him, we should just let him have a pop from a decent distance rather than try all this fancy pre-rehearsed shit!

I'll second that

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Yeah SHOOOOOOOOTTTTT

In all fairness for a manager who was reknowned for a decent dead ball delivery, I have to say our set pieces this season have been utter crap really.

Also they need to practice throw ins as well.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
...all this fancy pre-rehearsed shit!
They REHEARSED that? "OK Tommy, so: you push a little pearoller about as hard as a toddler pushes a beachball for the 6'5'' hammerthrower to hoof away." "OK Tommy, do it again." "And again". "And again". "OK, do it again".

It was - almost - quite funny.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I don't think the problem was who was taking the free-kick but what they had been instructed to do.
I'd i'm pretty sure the crowd had a little or no say in whether they left someone up front for corner or decided to shoot from a free-kick

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I disagree. We clearly scored the second goal purely because I bellowed SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT, at them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here