Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fred Binney

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Dave the Gaffer said:
Not bad at all.

I remember the Millwall game at the Goldstone where they all turned up in surgical masks and quite a few of my mates from school took a beating that night, and they were not hooligans by any stretch of the imagination.

Anyway we were 2-0 down and ended up winning 3-2 with Steve Piper scoring two....that was a great night at the Goldstone, full of menace but sheer brilliance.

How I miss those days ( not the menace obviously) but somehow, when I was younger than now football seemed somehow more enjoyable. Standing on the terraces....etc etc

good mates with his son, thats why i asked

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
mendoza10 said:
What was Steve Piper like as a player?

Not bad; definitely one of our better home-grown players. I remember him scoring at Roker Park when there were about 100 Albion fans there.

I also remember seeing him in Woodingdean one evening, going for a training run on his own - that was some dedication.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Ian Mellor was never really appreciated as much as he should have been. I had several friends who thought him too lightweight but of course those who really knew their stuff knew that without him Ward was rarely as good.
Harry Wilson - Oh that 2-0 win in the night game against Palace. Still makes me tingle even now. Possibly the best ever atmostphere at the Goldstone................... As a 15/16 year old it was f***ing awesome. I doubt if any younger fans will ever experience that intensity again.

Even with Falmer............... its all changed now.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh sammy morgan

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Questions said:
Ian Mellor was never really appreciated as much as he should have been. I had several friends who thought him too lightweight but of course those who really knew their stuff knew that without him Ward was rarely as good.
Harry Wilson - Oh that 2-0 win in the night game against Palace. Still makes me tingle even now. Possibly the best ever atmostphere at the Goldstone................... As a 15/16 year old it was f***ing awesome. I doubt if any younger fans will ever experience that intensity again.

Even with Falmer............... its all changed now.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh sammy morgan

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here