Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fraser

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
"Obviously I have lived in Brighton for 20 years of my life, and there is some people there I miss, it's hard to move away from home, from your family and friends. I enjoy the football more here (Port Vale) and the place, and having an actual ground and a training ground and group group of lads compared to last year, Brighton have got a temporary ground, and its all a bit riff raff, and it's a proper football club Port Vale, and I'm enjoying being here."

Speaks volumes and probably has a lot to do with why we've underperformed this season. I also totally understand why he felt like he did when Slade effectively kicked him HARD in the bollocks and followed it up with a really c.unty remark about coming back pre-season as a back up for if the Albion couldn't find anything better.

I like the guy's attitude, shame some of our current crop don't seem to have it, we'd be a better team for it imo

westy

Jul 25, 2003
I wasn't ever really a Fraser fan, but I can certainly understand his point of view.

Agreed. Credit where its due he worked hard and played quite well in the run in last season. He was defiantly showing signs of improvement as well. If I was him id be pretty annoyed to be honest..

herbicide

weedkiller
Mar 25, 2006
Horley
Attending a press conference tomorrow, interviewing Port Vale pair Tommy Fraser and Adam Yates for a preview of their F.A Cup game against Huddersfield.

Does anyone have any suggestions for questions I should ask them?

Ask Tommy to tell his grandad to f*ck off. :clap2:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Can't blame him for being annoyed at Slade, I guess

But come 2011/2012 season we will be much better off as a football club with our new stadium.

I would have been interested to hear his views on Adams when he got sacked, as he hardly played Fraser when he was here!

In a nutshell, Tommy had passion, but very limited ability, that's why he is in League 2 with his buddys Doug Loft and Jake Robinson at Shrewsbury.

Soon to be joined by Dean Cox (hopefully)

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Ginger, what do you expect

Intelligent comment, well done.

I actually think Fraser has every right to be pissed off. I was extremely surprised when he didn't get a new contract as I thought he had earned one with his performances in the second half of last season.

I hadn't heard anything about Slade offering him a trial in pre-season if he couldn't find anyone better, which is just insulting.

Press conference went very well for all those interested, Fraser had this to say when I asked him about his release from Brighton: "Yeh there was a lot (of hard feelings) I haven't got a good word to say about the man (Slade) I am glad he got sacked, I played every single game for him, every single minute I think when he was in charge I played, I never came off, I played every single game, did everything he asked of me, and I was sort of expecting a longer extended contract, what we had done was a sort of miracle in football if you like, I think we were 10 points a-drift at one point, with 10 games to go and we won 8 drew one and lost one, something stupid like that and we ended up staying up on the last day of the season, it may have been a bit wrong of me but I was expecting a new contract having probably played about 30-35 games last season He called me into the office and said I'm not going to give you a contract, but if you want to come back pre-season for a trial, if I cant sign the players I want, you are more than welcome, so you can imagine what I said to him."

Well said Tommy. If just a few of the current Brighton players had as much pride & passion we wouldn't be in a relegation scrap.

I applaud your honesty about Slade & at least you are still in employment.

If you play for a team that visit the Withdean you will get a warm applause from me

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Intelligent comment, well done.

I actually think Fraser has every right to be pissed off. I was extremely surprised when he didn't get a new contract as I thought he had earned one with his performances in the second half of last season.

I hadn't heard anything about Slade offering him a trial in pre-season if he couldn't find anyone better, which is just insulting.

Fraser worked his bollocks off but is he really Championship quality, really? God loves a trier...

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
i wish he was still with us. at least he actually seemed to care if we lost, unlike the majority of last year's dross and some of this year's too.

i thought he was progressing nicely. would have made a good captain for us, plenty of passion and complete commitment. we've lacked leaders of late, we went on that superb run last year when tommy was played every week in central midfield.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I can see why he's pissed off - because he's so stupid that he fails to realise that, other than 2 (ish) goals, he contributed essentially f*** all in his entire spell here, other than the ability to run around a lot and do nothing.

He doesn't realise that appearances aren't what players are judged on. It is his ability that lets him down, he can't shoot, head, tackle, dribble or create to a level good enough for League 1, which is why he is no longer in it.

Had he not spent the last few years dicking around in Oceana at every opportunity, giving it the big "I am" and sulking when Wilkins was sacked, and instead got his head down and worked at improving his ability, then he might find himself at a higher level that the one he's currently at.

D

Deleted member 2719

Speaks volumes and probably has a lot to do with why we've underperformed this season. I also totally understand why he felt like he did when Slade effectively kicked him HARD in the bollocks and followed it up with a really c.unty remark about coming back pre-season as a back up for if the Albion couldn't find anything better.

I like the guy's attitude, shame some of our current crop don't seem to have it, we'd be a better team for it imo

That's how i saw it too.

Top Lad shame the faithful sometimes just couldn't understand what he was all about, but if i remember right Charlie got a bashing until we lost him and everyone suddenly clicked how much we actually missed him as part of the team.

Tommy Fraser he's alright.:thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
. The fact he thinks they're a bigger/better club than us shows what an arse-licking mercenary little twat he is. I hope he breaks his legs this afternoon.

The fact that much of what he says is arguably spot on shows how blind you are to any criticism of who you support. I won't wish a punch in the gob on you today though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here