Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fraser captain, Loft scores.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
To add a bit of local perspective...

That was a fairly strong Wolves team, with 2 exceptions - the keeper is an unknown (not sure if he is a youth player or a triallist). The striker, Hemmings, recently made the jump from the youth team and has only had one league substitute appearence for the first team so far, but is supposedly a big prospect. Certainly the defence Wolves played was top notch.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I expect them both to do well there. I think we undervalued them both.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Although Fraser and Loft (and Kerry if it hadn't been for his injury) are hardly in the same league as Cullip, Oatway and Carpenter, I can see what he's trying to do.

Who had heard of or thought that they wre any good when MA first bought them to BHA. So perhaps his system will work if he is left to get on with the job his way and doesnt have a chairman telling him what to do and 'suggesting' who to pick.

Originally Posted by Icy Gull View Post
Pleased for both of them, the mean spiritidness of some Albion fans continues to suprise me.

:clap::clap:

People also seem to forget the part they played in us staying up.

It's tough to make it with your home crowd. As passionate as Fraser was for us, people were always ready with the knives out. Not a spectacular player, but why was he under the microscope when some of the loanees and imports were anonymous and dispassionate about wearing the stripes? (and some of you :bowdown: for Lynch, who could not give a shit for BHA)

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
It's home town club syndrome - as the bible says 'a prophet is often despised in his own town'.

kerry mayo, fraser, robinson, elabd

all of whom have had major stick from sections of the crowd over the last few years. Yet we sign a player who is no better and people seem to fall over themselves to make excuses for them.

We're not alone - look at Matt Richards. Ipswich fans did the same to him but he was rated by others and his confidence took a knock.

I personally think Fraser will do well. He has an attitude which wont help him but he was Youth team captain under Wilkins and always gave his best for the first team. his best may not have been as good as say Bertin but it was his best and certainly good enough for leaue 1.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
It's home town club syndrome - as the bible says 'a prophet is often despised in his own town'.

all of whom have had major stick from sections of the crowd over the last few years. Yet we sign a player who is no better and people seem to fall over themselves to make excuses for them.

We're not alone - look at Matt Richards. Ipswich fans did the same to him but he was rated by others and his confidence took a knock.

I personally think Fraser will do well. He has an attitude which wont help him but he was Youth team captain under Wilkins and always gave his best for the first team. his best may not have been as good as say Bertin but it was his best and certainly good enough for leaue 1.

Quite, I can never understand the stick he got (mainly from posters on here rather than anybody I heard at Withdean). In fact I can only remember Tommy having one "shocker", in a game in which he was rightly subbed, but the rest of the time he quietly, if un-spectacularly, got on with his job to the best of his abilities. Every team needs players like Tommy.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Two players who gave their all for us and helped us stay up last year. Is it too much to ask that everyone wishes them well, whatever you think about their quality?

Some Albion fans have NO class.

jaylondon22

Jan 5, 2009

Totally agree!

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Sorry posted in wrong thread!

shipment_of_fail.jpg

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Wait until the competitive stuff starts is all I'll say.

Micky must be seriously losing the plot now. As if signing Fraser wasn't moronic enough from the great man, making him captain would deserve a sectioning I'm afraid.
Or it might be a case of what players like Loft and Fraser are capable of if their own fans aren't slagging them off, week in, week out.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Letting Fraser go has been RS only big error but i don't think it will effect us with the backing we now have.

Good luck Tommy.

agreed. he showed promise under wilkins when played central mid and he looked good, and was getting better match by match, when slade used him there back end of last season. i thought and hoped that he'd be our captain one day.

he looked a bit unsure about his position on the park at times but i thought he would develop into more of a passing ball playing midfielder than a battler.

good luck to both tommy and loft - they both contributed to our survival last season. thanks lads

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here