Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Frankie Valli, Brian Wilson, legends and other “museum acts”

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
I’m going to see House of Love at Chalk in December and Guy Chadwick is now 68. Does he/they count?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Off to see Joe Jackson next month. He's a fantastic musician and always puts on a good show.
Joe Jackson is now 70!

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
The only old codgers I’d pay money to see these days are Bob Dylan and Neil Young but only in a smallish venue, so never going to happen.

The only band I’d pay to see in a Stadium are Coldplay - shoot me :smile:
I saw Bob Dylan at the Hop Farm festival in 2012 - he was absolutely awful. He never had much of a singing voice anyway, but what he had was completely gone, it was embarrassing.

EDIT: I see others have had the same experience. The backing band were great though, it was only by listening to what they were playing that I was able to know what song he was 'singing'.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I went to Wembley in July to see the first AC/DC night there.

Almost in trepidation, always liked their music, for whatever reason never got round to seeing them, so wondered if at the end I’d be thinking “I wish I’d seen them 30 years ago”.

Gig was superb, at 76 Brian Johnstone was still a brilliant front man, he didn’t speak in between songs but that was almost certainly to help save his voice, and Angus Young, at 69, is a genius.

It is what it is, I hadn’t seen them before, but I’m glad I finally got to see them in 2024.

On another related note, pardon the pun, saw Bette Midler at the 02 in 2015, she was 70 then, came out from her near 2 and a half hour show knowing I’d seen one of the greatest entertainers in the world at her peak.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here