Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Frankie Boyles tweet to Chris Brown

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I know Rihanna.

Wikipedia says he is an "American singer, songwriter, rapper, dancer and actor." It then lists lots of albums and stuff I've never heard of. Anyway, it sounds like he's probably quite big time in the States, which means he'll not even have read Frankie Boyle's tweet.

I couldn't tell you one of his LPs but I think he sings the old Hippiedy Hoppiedy music the white kids who want to be black like.... Like [MENTION=72]dwayne[/MENTION]

To be fair to the lad if I had to listen to any of Rhianna's music first hand then I'd probably want to punch her in the mooey.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
This Fox News "apology" nicely explains stuff about Chris Brown and is, for my money, far, far funnier than the Boyle tweet.

But yes, Chris Brown is basically an asshole.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Isn't Chris Brown the ex wife of Katie Price? You know, the cage fighter? I may be confused, but I'm sure his name rings a bell.

Close. Alex Reid

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
What makes him (occasionally) funny is the context of the crudeness...'tis a fine line between a joke and a rant and he doesn't seem able to stay on the right side.

Exactly, he pushes it to the limit, and does sometimes over step it. But that's what makes him. At the end of the day he is a comedian, and his job is to write and perform jokes. Yes they can be harmful, but what's the saying "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me?" It is only a joke.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
isn't frankie boyle a joke anyway?

he seems desperate to be funny - so desperate he'll say everything

folkestonesgull

Oct 8, 2006
folkestone
there is a different Chris Brown in the men's 400m. I hope Boyle didn't get the wrong man. Anyway, it was an easy joke, old news and had been said 100 times before.
Chris Brown (singer) is still an A hole though and should have been dropped by his label and thousands of female fans...funny world where you can beat up a woman and your fans - especially your mainly female fans still buy your music.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I'm not lazy - I've looked up Chris Brown on both Google and Wikipedia and I truly have never heard of the man.

As such - I'm out - the joke is lost on me.

What was that tweet a few weeks ago that a BBC employee obviously meant to put out on their personal account, but ended up putting it onto the BBCSurrey's account? That was about Chris Brown and Rihanna from memory

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
I know who Rhiana is because I am shallow and she is fit, dont know the other but know Franky Boyle because I saw him on TV and immediatly thought to myself I was watching a comedian from the 1970's and was shocked at how unwitty and unfunny those racist sexiest homophobic bullies were, turns out he is a NEW comedian though I nearly fell off My mother in laws arm chair onto my blackfriend and his boyfreind

Cosmic Joker

The Motorik
Apr 14, 2010
Chichester
Isn't Chris Brown the ex wife of Katie Price? You know, the cage fighter? I may be confused, but I'm sure his name rings a bell.

"Ex wife"? You clearly were confused! Although the fellow you had in mind, Alex Reid, was/is a cross dresser (I am led to believe by those who keep up with such things), so some grounds for confusion.

And yes Chris Brown (rapper) is a thug, so deserves anything F Boyle throws at him, in contrast to some of Boyle's other targets

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here