Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Francisco Sandaza

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
so what's the deal , i know never change a winning team and all that but it seems when ever he plays he scores. im not moaning but i reckon the lad should be played a little more to see what hes like when hes had a run of games .
he has a knack of being in the right place at the right time

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Who would you drop to bring him in?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Unfortunately for Fran he's a dead man walking as far as his Albion future is concerned. Nice guy, but I doubt he'll be playing in the stripes next season.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Who would you drop to bring him in?

i would of liked to see him come on instead of Holroyd yesterday
just give the lad a bit more game time , im not saying start or anything but i would like to see him come on a bit more .

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
just give the lad a bit more game time , im not saying start or anything but i would like to see him come on a bit more .

Agreed, I would have him ahead of Holroyd, at least he scores

Spider

Sep 15, 2007

Presumably Sandaza is not going to be here come next season, in which case it makes sense to bring on a younger player to get some experience rather than one who might score but won't gain much from it. Personally I seriously doubt Holroyd has a future here either, but at least he's young and can improve!

That said, I think it's a little odd that Sandaza hasn't been given more time on the pitch over the season, given the fact that he clearly knows how to score. I also tend to feel a little sorry for him considering he spends the whoe game warming up, only to see Holroyd come on ahead of him!

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I think Sandaza is very useful, He's in the right place at the right times and he takes his chances. 4/5 Goals in about 8 appearances is pretty decent no matter who it's against.

D

Deleted member 18477

Sandaza has just not been needed that often. When he is needed he seems to score but we have really been that good this season that his presence has just not been needed. And touch wood the lack of injuries to our strikers has prevented him from making more starts.

However if he does leave i will never forget his injury time winner against oldham earlier on in the season. deep into stoppage time and he created possibly the biggest cheer ive heard at withdean this year to give us 3 vital points.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Presumably Sandaza is not going to be here come next season, in which case it makes sense to bring on a younger player to get some experience rather than one who might score but won't gain much from it. Personally I seriously doubt Holroyd has a future here either,

if both players dont have a future here than surely bring on the one who will grab a goal , i would like to see fran get 1 more year to prove his self but as you said i doubt that will happen
(and btw i am by know means doubting gus , BECAUSE IN GUS WE TRUST...)

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
so what's the deal , i know never change a winning team and all that but it seems when ever he plays he scores. im not moaning but i reckon the lad should be played a little more to see what hes like when hes had a run of games .
he has a knack of being in the right place at the right time

Just seemed like you were saying he should be given a run of games. Can you count coming off the bench as a run of games? ???

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Just seemed like you were saying he should be given a run of games. Can you count coming off the bench as a run of games? ???

well i counted it , thats if he get a reasonable amount of time not just the last 5 mins
but if you dont count it then just more game time to show us what he can do

he would have to win a place in the starting 11 but if he pops up with a few from coming of the bench i wouldn't mind him starting

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
How can anyone question what Poyet does!?

I don't think anyones questioning what he does, I think some people would prefer him to get some more game time under his belt to prove himself worthy of a contract extension.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
He's the sort of player who is usefull when our backs our to the wall & we need someone to stick their arse or nose on the end of the ball & nick us a goal.
Without sounding arrogant we haven't been in that sort of situation that frequently so he hasn't really been needed that often.
Utterly terrible footballer but a great goalscorer.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010

ManchesterSeagull

Nov 16, 2009
I'm pleased Holroyd got a run out over him yesterday. Sure, they're both not great, but Holroyd went out on loan and was asked to score goals, which is what he did. Sandaza is a donkey but does pop up when necessary, so his late deployment in big/tight games is handy. Was good experience for Holroyd to come on, which Sandaza already has.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
If we needed a goal you would see Sandaza come on ahead of Holroyd, unless Holroyd manages to do something/anything in the appearances Gus will give him in games we've already won.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here