Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Francis Vines.....

Dez

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton
very harsh. Football is certainly a cut throat business!

Dez

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton
Brighton till i die said:
sacked? no f***ing way?

could well be. Struggling at the bottom of the league, lost to Braintree in the FA Cup and under new ownership. Even so, harsh in the extreme.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
This was obvious from the start.

They employed Mullery then couldn't even come up with a job title for him knowing full well he'd have his eye on the manager's job.

It is still somewhat shocking however considering Vines is held in similar regard by Crawley fans as Adams is to us Albion fans.

Still, football is a fickle game and they've had a terrible start to the season

Crawley Boy

Oct 13, 2003
Crawley
Don't think it will be Mullery. He's committed to Sky on Champions League Tuesdays and would be earning more through that than he'd get managing the club.

Andy Hessenthaler's name is being banned about by several people.

Crawley Boy said:
Don't think it will be Mullery. He's committed to Sky on Champions League Tuesdays and would be earning more through that than he'd get managing the club.

Andy Hessenthaler's name is being banned about by several people.

That would be a good catch :clap:

E

enigma

London Irish said:
That would be a good catch :clap:

Agreed- he did a good job at the Gills for a few years and may have the experience necessary to get them up the table. In time, I don't see why Crawley couldn't play in League 2.

I don't really see them as that much of a threat to the Albions fan base but perhaps they could be if they got into the league. What do others think?

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
Juan Albion said:
More like a threat to Palarse's fan.

Thing is Crawleys practically bang in the middle of Croydon, and Brighton. North of Crawley its mostly Palarse, and south mostly Brighton, I think they may get more fans if they get into the football league, and possibly pull a few people from the surrounding villages and towns, (eg Horley, Salfords, Copthorne, etc). But I still think the towns mostly going to be Chelsea, Arsenal etc, its going to take a miricle to turn the town into mostly Crawley.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here