Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Franchise fc are down

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
JSD Albion said:
How long could it be before AFC Wimbledon pass them on the way up?

A long, long time I reckon.

Not only did AFC Wimbledon fail to get promoted to the Conference South this season, but the MK Dons got respectable crowds considering their league position (an average of 5,776). I expect them to make a bold bid for promotion next season.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Goring Gull said:
Couldn't care less to be honest sick of all this so called real fans bollocks regarding AFC wimbledon. It's the twats on here who'd rather go and watch them than the Albion in the past who have really got my goat.

Hang your heads in shame

Well, as someone else said on here, you're not oblidged to like AFC. But you are oblidged to hate MK Dons ;)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Goring Gull said:
Couldn't care less to be honest sick of all this so called real fans bollocks regarding AFC wimbledon.

Why so disparaging about real fans wanting to keep football alive in their own community? We might end up having to do exactly the same thing ourselves one day if LDC are allowed to spin this crap out much longer. We're already into the downward spiral.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Dies Irae said:
I dont.

My mate is a grays athletic fan and the vast majority of conference and below clubs absolutely hate AFC for coming into the league , buying up all the decent playerse, kicking teams out of their grounds - Kingstonian and getting all the publicity.

There was a huge sigh of relief when they started losing games

What a load of bollocks - they haven't kicked Kingstonian (or anyone else) out of their ground. Kingstonian now rent their ground from AFC Wimbledon (at a very favourable rate) and received a substantial sum when selling it to AFC.

Of course they will get publicity - there is a lot of history attached to Wimbledon Football Club.

How, exactly, have Grays got where they are in the league? Couldn't be be buying up all the good players, could it?

Dandyman

In London village.
JSD Albion said:
I hope their fall continues next season. How long could it be before AFC Wimbledon pass them on the way up? That will be a winning day for football - and what sweet justice it would be if AFC Wimbledon could beat Franchise to relegate them!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Dandyman

In London village.
Goring Gull said:
Couldn't care less to be honest sick of all this so called real fans bollocks regarding AFC wimbledon. It's the twats on here who'd rather go and watch them than the Albion in the past who have really got my goat.

Hang your heads in shame

Presumably you feel the same about the supporters of other clubs that came to support us on the Fans United days ?

Albaman

Equatorial Splitter
Apr 22, 2006
Singapore lah
BensGrandad said:
Who wants Danny Wilson as our manager now?

Not sure that I would now - lets face it his track record isn't that good, anyway. Just coz he played for us doent mean he'll be a great manager.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Tom Hark said:
Why so disparaging about real fans wanting to keep football alive in their own community?

What's the definition of a real fan?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Albaman said:
Not sure that I would now - lets face it his track record isn't that good, anyway. Just coz he played for us doent mean he'll be a great manager.

Least mk dons went down with a fight

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Goring Gull[/i] [B]Couldn't care less to be honest sick of all this so called real fans bollocks regarding AFC wimbledon. It's the twats on here who'd rather go and watch them than the Albion in the past who have really got my goat. Hang your heads in shame [/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Dandyman said:
Presumably you feel the same about the supporters of other clubs that came to support us on the Fans United days ?

:clap:

I love it when Bluebird turns up for these discussions. :lolol:

Matter of opinion. My view is I'd simply rather MK Dons went down than a club with a history.

THPP - Ignore it. He's just having a flounce.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Biscuit said:
Matter of opinion. My view is I'd simply rather MK Dons went down than a club with a history.

Curiously, though, you'd like to see a club that has only recently been formed earn promotions within the non-league structure at the expense of other clubs who have much longer histories. Something of a contradiction, no?

More importantly as far as I'm concerned, the question still remains: what is the defintion of a REAL fan?

As a matter of interest, this season the MK Dons were relegated instead of a club who are almost certain to go into administration at some point during the next week.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
The Laughing Bluebird said:
Curiously, though, you'd like to see a club that has only recently been formed earn promotions within the non-league structure at the expense of other clubs who have much longer histories. Something of a contradiction, no?

More importantly as far as I'm concerned, the question still remains: what is the defintion of a REAL fan?

Yes, but I see MK Dons as a newly formed club, with nothing of the old Wimbledon. I see AFC as the current incarnation of the old Wimbledon FC. Just my personal perspective.

Not getting drawn on the real fan issue, someone on here said anyone who loves their club/football in general. I thinks thats roughly about right.

fatboy said:
What a load of bollocks - they haven't kicked Kingstonian (or anyone else) out of their ground. Kingstonian now rent their ground from AFC Wimbledon (at a very favourable rate) and received a substantial sum when selling it to AFC.

Of course they will get publicity - there is a lot of history attached to Wimbledon Football Club.

How, exactly, have Grays got where they are in the league? Couldn't be be buying up all the good players, could it?

And that rent is always entirely covered by a pre-season friendly played against AFC Wimbledon from which the entire profits go to the K's.

Di is spouting ill-informed bollocks I'm afraid.

filthy said:
I've always felt that wimbeldon fans gave up too easily, we could have made an afc brighton in 1997 and played at woodside road.
But saying that not overally fused about them going down apart from the fact that i won't be able to tick that ground off next season

Sorry filthy, more ill-informed bollocks. AFC Wimbeldon were formed after the 3 man tribunal handed down a legally binding descision allowing Wimbledon FC (rip) to move to mk. There was no more that Wimbledon fans could do to keep their team in South London, absolutely nothing. They did not give up, they fought tootha and nail to keep Wimbledon fromt he hands of property developing scum. Sadly they failed.

Thankfully when BHA had the same they won their fight and for that I salute you. But you actually don't know what you are talking about in relation to AFCW.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

As a matter of interest, this season the MK Dons were relegated instead of a club who are almost certain to go into administration at some point during the next week.

If reports are true they could go into liquidation as early as next week...then it'd be curtains for Rotherham.

Bono

Jul 18, 2003
Buckinghamshire
Would have liked them to stay up - seeing the Albion play nine miles from my house would have been nice.

Update us on your bet with Attila again and what the timescale is on one of you winning, and how far the two clubs are now apart in leagues. The MKs may stabilise now if they keep Wilson but the AFCs are going to progress, aren't they, sooner or later?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here