Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] France v Argentina official World Cup final thread ….

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I would love , I would love it if Argy Mac does the biz

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

At least Alexis Mac can get hammered, win or loooooose....
I'd got kinda used to the idea of Ali Mac being our 'Scotch Argie' - I'm not sure I can cope with this sudden conversion to Irish! Nah! - on reflection I'm not having it!
:lolol:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I see Unfitado has declared this " The Best Ever World Cup " ever, since the last one....thus guaranteeing that Sundays game goes to penalties.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I see Unfitado has declared this " The Best Ever World Cup " ever, since the last one....thus guaranteeing that Sundays game goes to penalties.
He's also ditched the group of three idea for future world cups, because the group of four format has been such a roaring success this year - as if he just invented it himself! More likely somebody actually pointed out to him that it was the shittiest idea since shitty ideas were first thought of!

Last edited:

Vin

Jun 12, 2021
Seeing reports of Argies players singing anti English songs after winning the semi final. This is in relation to the Falklands War.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Seeing reports of Argies players singing anti English songs after winning the semi final. This is in relation to the Falklands War.
Not strictly true. The reports suggest that one song had one line about the Falklands.

Argentina for me, for Ale Mac and for Messi to be crowned the true greatest of all time.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Nice to see a photo of the Mac Alister extended family after the semi, all in Argentina shirts except one lad in the current Albion top.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Should ask them why the call them the Malvinas? They probably wouldn’t know. It is a Spanish derivation of the word Malouines = settlers from St Malo who I believe were there before any Spanish, even British and definitely before Argentina was even a country. Maybe they are just so upset at the injustice of it all that these islands aren’t French? I would love to know if MacAllister was singing those songs, shame on him if he was.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Maybe they were singing anti English songs because we're ****s, despised the world over.

Just a thought.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here