Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fran Sandaza to Glasgow Rangers ?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It is a question of what you want in a forward. I personally quite liked him but didn't lose sleep when he left.

Craig Davies has been at several clubs, although good on him for having a good season so far.

He didn't do too badly for Chesterfield last year too. It didn't work out for him at the Albion, he came to the club when we were in turmoil on the pitch, and was too young/inexperienced or had the wrong personality to impose himself in the team. I always thought he gave his all but lacked a bit of finesse and composure, which, with good coaching, could have been dealt with. It looks as if Chesterfield and Barnsley have reaped the rewards.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
He didn't do too badly for Chesterfield last year too. It didn't work out for him at the Albion, he came to the club when we were in turmoil on the pitch, and was too young/inexperienced or had the wrong personality to impose himself in the team. I always thought he gave his all but lacked a bit of finesse and composure, which, with good coaching, could have been dealt with. It looks as if Chesterfield and Barnsley have reaped the rewards.

I meant more before he played for us.

Saying that the boo boys never liked him so he obviously he had nothing to offer us. Just ask the same insightful fans shouting abuse at Harley and Paynter yesterday.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
It is a question of what you want in a forward. I personally quite liked him but didn't lose sleep when he left.

Craig Davies has been at several clubs, although good on him for having a good season so far.

At this moment in time, one that scores now and then would be good lol.....But then you have to look at the supply first.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
39 goals in 83 games since leaving us suggests that you are wrong

He was rubbish for us, it is as simple as that. He did well for Port Vale, even better for Chesterfield and he's starting to do well for Barnsley but for us, he was terrible. And as for Sandaza, the goals he scored were crucial, and he played a valid role in our romping of the league, but don't kid yourselves into thinking he's a good footballer, he isn't.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
You would have to say that as of this moment in time Poyet's judgement and getting the best out of strikers leaves a lot to be desired....For Sandaza and Davies just look at this seasons stats. He chased Holyrod as well, enough said about that. I personally don't like Barnes but when the guy plays as a centre forward his goals to game ratio is as good as anyone, so Poyet plays him out wide or in midfield. The jury is out on Hoskins as he is crock atm. Didn't fight to keep Murray when it seemed and obvious decision to keep him and he wanted to stay.Lets face it, we are spunking god knows how many thousands of pounds a week on a guy who is never going to play in a months of Sundays. Surely a bit of that money would have been better spent on Murray than giving it to a Spanish superstar who is a bit of a joke.....and as for CMS, well the lad is clearly class when given the right service, which we don't give him. Very shrewd for £3.25 million or whatever it rises to.....Not great is it, and those are the plan facts of the matter.

What a joke. The majority of fans slated Craig Davies and also said that Sandaza was not up to it (to be fair he barely played because we had two 20 goal strikers last year). Now of course with Gus under a bit of pressure people like you and others on this forum are coming out saying what a mistake it was to release him. If Gus had kept Sandaza in the summer people would have moaned at our lack of ambition. With Murray, he has not scored many goals yet so maybe he has done well but is not exactly top scorer in the league. It may have been a mistake to let him go but all managers make them and people in all jobs too. Finally, your plain facts are clearly put in a bias way and are definitely not facts.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
What a joke. The majority of fans slated Craig Davies and also said that Sandaza was not up to it (to be fair he barely played because we had two 20 goal strikers last year). Now of course with Gus under a bit of pressure people like you and others on this forum are coming out saying what a mistake it was to release him. If Gus had kept Sandaza in the summer people would have moaned at our lack of ambition. With Murray, he has not scored many goals yet so maybe he has done well but is not exactly top scorer in the league. It may have been a mistake to let him go but all managers make them and people in all jobs too. Finally, your plain facts are clearly put in a bias way and are definitely not facts.

So what did I put that in your opinion is not the case. I said getting the best out of them, I did not say I would have kept them. I'm simply stateing the fact that they are having good seasons( Sandaza and Davies that is) is this not true then? So someone is getting a tune out of them and one in this division. As for CMS AND Barnes, you would argue that we are useing both of them to their strenghts would you???.I don't believe anything I put can really be argued. Unless I've missed Vicente's dozens games and been blind when we have created tons of chances for Cms from playing to his strenghts.....Oh, I forgot to mention Paynter, but perhaps best not too.

Paddy Finucane

WW2 Hero
Jul 26, 2004
Redhill
you would have to say that as of this moment in time poyet's judgement and getting the best out of strikers leaves a lot to be desired....for sandaza and davies just look at this seasons stats. He chased holyrod as well, enough said about that. I personally don't like barnes but when the guy plays as a centre forward his goals to game ratio is as good as anyone, so poyet plays him out wide or in midfield. The jury is out on hoskins as he is crock atm. Didn't fight to keep murray when it seemed and obvious decision to keep him and he wanted to stay.lets face it, we are spunking god knows how many thousands of pounds a week on a guy who is never going to play in a months of sundays. Surely a bit of that money would have been better spent on murray than giving it to a spanish superstar who is a bit of a joke.....and as for cms, well the lad is clearly class when given the right service, which we don't give him. Very shrewd for £3.25 million or whatever it rises to.....not great is it, and those are the plan facts of the matter.

this!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
It is true. Would rather have him than billy paynter!!

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
It cannot be argued that Sandaza's goals to playing time was AOK.

I thought he was OK but perhaps GP had other issues of which we will almost certainly never be made aware.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here