Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fran Sandaza to Glasgow Rangers ?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Excellent news for Fran and good luck to him. Anyone who can score two goals in the 24 seconds of playing time Gus gave him must have something. His stats with Valencia B were pretty impressive too - 23 goals in 36 appearances.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
The next Craig Davies type player to be derided by BHA fans and go on to do quite nicely?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
The next Craig Davies type player to be derided by BHA fans and go on to do quite nicely?

No, Sandaza contributed something. He is a poor footballer though, however you want to build him up. [MENTION=13305]SNOOPY[/MENTION] contributed nothing at all for this club, but has gone on to do well.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
No, Sandaza contributed something. He is a poor footballer though, however you want to build him up. [MENTION=13305]SNOOPY[/MENTION] contributed nothing at all for this club, but has gone on to do well.

Not quite nothing, having the fans on his back after a couple of appearances did not help though.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Not quite nothing, having the fans on his back after a couple of appearances did not help though.

He contributed nothing positive, atleast. That shot against Northampton is still rising, that was his make or break moment. Score it, we win 2-1 and climb away from trouble. Miss it, and we're just another crap struggling League 1 team. What he did was so annoying and ridiculous, he didn't deserve any more time or patience.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
You would have to say that as of this moment in time Poyet's judgement and getting the best out of strikers leaves a lot to be desired....For Sandaza and Davies just look at this seasons stats. He chased Holyrod as well, enough said about that. I personally don't like Barnes but when the guy plays as a centre forward his goals to game ratio is as good as anyone, so Poyet plays him out wide or in midfield. The jury is out on Hoskins as he is crock atm. Didn't fight to keep Murray when it seemed and obvious decision to keep him and he wanted to stay.Lets face it, we are spunking god knows how many thousands of pounds a week on a guy who is never going to play in a months of Sundays. Surely a bit of that money would have been better spent on Murray than giving it to a Spanish superstar who is a bit of a joke.....and as for CMS, well the lad is clearly class when given the right service, which we don't give him. Very shrewd for £3.25 million or whatever it rises to.....Not great is it, and those are the plan facts of the matter.

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 18477

i really liked sandaza. and he would certainly try harder than f***ing harley! yes they play different positions but i reckon the horse could have done a better job!

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
Perhaps in the case of some teams. However those were Craig Davies' statistics that I was quoting.

Oh right, sorry I misunderstood. You're dead right then (incidentally, I signed Davies on loan as cover in FM2012, he immediately scored all three goals in a 3-0 win at Portsmouth!)

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I love them sort of quotes.....Like someone once said "what else did Clive Allen do for Spurs, apart from score 49 goals one season"...priceless.

It is a question of what you want in a forward. I personally quite liked him but didn't lose sleep when he left.

Craig Davies has been at several clubs, although good on him for having a good season so far.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here