Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fran Sandaza - Just been on trial in Qatar???

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
1296052546_0.jpg

Marca said:
While many footballers await the call of exotic countries to sign the contract of its life, Fran Sandaza (Toledo, 1984) has resisted to the charm of the 'petrodollars' for, while dreams of return to Spain after three seasons abroad, to continue connected with the Brighton and Hove Albion. Last week was a little atypical for the former one of the Dundee United, with the one that champion of the FA was proclaimed Cup Scottish. The Al-Wakrah, that occupies positions of descent in the Katar Stars League -is eleventh in the board-, thought about the assailant of the 'seagulls' by way of enema and Sandaza did not doubt in doing the suitcases to be be going to test to Doha. Its goals did not cause they expected and, already in its first training, noted a 'hat-trick' before the amazed look of its companions. Nevertheless, Fran declined to continue the steps of Iron and piggy bank and decided to be returned to the discipline of the assembly that directs Gustavo Poyet: "I am 26 years old, I am very youth still and my intention is to do me a hole in the soccer of European elite. I think that, with time, will be presented me again the opportunity to come to play Katar. Now the sports thing on the economic thing should predominate". In the sports thing, the things go of wonder to the Brighton and Hove Albion, noticeable leader of the League One and classified for the dieciseisavos of end of the FA Cup thanks to the goals of Sandaza: "The truth is that me I cannot complain of how the things in the Cup are leaving me. I marked against the FC United of Manchester and I repeated against the Portsmouth of Kanu, current runner-up. I hope can return to 'to wet' against the Watford and a large one of the Premier touch us. I would love to play against the United, the Arsenal or the Chelsea".

First of all, apologies for the terrible translation! I think the fact Gus let him go for a trial means, he really can't see much of a future here for the Long Faced One. Not sure exactly what this means for his immediate future as he has come back to us for now.

Sandaza renuncia a los 'petrodólares' qataríes - MARCA.com

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
"by way of enema"? Surely he should be having trials for the Arse then

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Well found. Doesn't look like he is top of Gus' list does it. Will probably play in the FA Cup though.

Speaking of the cup - interesting comment by Marcos Painter on the radio before the Col U game. When asked if the team are thinking about the FA Cup game, he replied No, they thinking about next Tuesday. Clearly very focussed on the league and FA Cup might be a "go out and have fun" match.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
I think it's good that we have to play higher opposition in the Cup, as it means we can go play without pressure of being favourites. Gus will tell them to go out and play, enjoy it and if they win they win, if not no worries. Mind you I expect the players themselves will want to win in hope of a trip to Old Trafford/Emirates/Stamford Bridge/Anfield etc.

(Well, maybe not Anfield! :jester:)

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;3933142 said:
I think it's good that we have to play higher opposition in the Cup, as it means we can go play without pressure of being favourites. Gus will tell them to go out and play, enjoy it and if they win they win, if not no worries. Mind you I expect the players themselves will want to win in hope of a trip to Old Trafford/Emirates/Stamford Bridge/Anfield etc.

(Well, maybe not Anfield! :jester:)

The first three are good days out, an Anfield trip is winnable!

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Having read the translation he seems keen to stay and play at Old Trafford, and until they make a bid I can't see Gus selling him as he has called off the striker hunt. A move in the summer could be possible, but we could get an injury a Sandaza may get the chance to score a few goals. He is currently our best goals/min player and I don't think Gus will cut his ties yet

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
He's says at 26 he's not old enough to take the money, well he's hardly a top level international star semi retiring is he. Rivaldo, Roberto Carlos and Fran Sandaza spot the odd one out for Qatar. Usefull squad player but if he wanted to go I'm sure Holroyd could ride the bench if we had an injury upfront. If 2 of the 3 best strikers got injured we could even play one up front most of the time as we have midfielders to play off Murray or Wood or grab a loan / free transfer. Let him go if he wants otherwise be glad to have good depth.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
If he does go will ALWAYS be remembered for scoring the goal against Oldham that sent us TOP!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If he goes does he automatically qualify for the Qatari world cup squad ?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Of all the strikers at the club, he is the most exciting and charismatic. He scores regularly, has great touch and is loved by female fans. He stops traffic when out in town and is close to legendary status.
There would be uproar if he was sold.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Hence why he wasn't on the bench vs Bournenmouth.

Strange one.

We should keep him for the bench anyway, he wants to be playing, Gus has said that a few times, but he'll never get in this team surely.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here