Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fozzie hits back at critics on the phone in

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Remember the bloke on Harty's phone in who accused Fozzie of not caring at MKD as he was on his mobile throughout the match?

Well in today's printed Argus (cannot see it on web edition) Fozzie says " I don't see how the fact that Tommy Elphick and I, who had both driven to the game off our own backs to add support and were using our phones to find currenet scores in the division, constitutes a captain that doesn't care"

Fozzie also has a go at a group of supporters sitting behind him who had been drinking, who had a run in with the manager over his final substitution. This was mentioned on Harty's phone in as well. Wonder if the caller will be on Saturday to say anything?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Well in today's printed Argus (cannot see it on web edition) Fozzie says " I don't see how the fact that Tommy Elphick and I, who had both driven to the game off our own backs to add support and were using our phones to find currenet scores in the division, constitutes a captain that doesn't care"

Seems fair enough to me.

Forster is a model pro, and always comes across in interviews as someone who wants to succeed here and who does care about the club. Whether we get relegated or not, he is the kind of person we need at this club.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Seems fair enough to me.

Forster is a model pro, and always comes across in interviews as someone who wants to succeed here and who does care about the club. Whether we get relegated or not, he is the kind of person we need at this club.

Agreed

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
It seems any cretin can be allowed on the phone-in nowadays:rolleyes:

It seems any cretin can be allowed on the phone-in nowadays:rolleyes:

Well this is the crux of the matter, actually.
Given a voice that can be announced over the airwaves, the lesser-spotted cretin is the very person who leaps to give his windowlicking opinions.

One always hopes that the most sensible are the ones who ultimately get to have the place of power and influence. Empty vessels still make lots of noise, but it's the levity that people put on them that counts.

My message to Nicky F, would be; accept the counterbalance of outrageous criticism, because by that is better measured the weight of objectivity in your credit.
Without black, white would not be perceived so bright.

Last edited:

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Well in today's printed Argus (cannot see it on web edition) Fozzie says " I don't see how the fact that Tommy Elphick and I, who had both driven to the game off our own backs to add support and were using our phones to find current scores in the division, constitutes a captain that doesn't care"

Fair comment by Fozzie. One thing that does worry me a bit, though - if Fozzy and Elph wanted to go along and support their mates, why on earth did they have to drive themselves there? Shouldn't they have been allowed and welcome to travel with the rest of the squad?

On the subject of mobile phones, I noticed several fans using them at Hereford on Tuesday night. Did that mean they didn't care about the club either? - I think not!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Fair comment by Fozzie. One thing that does worry me a bit, though - if Fozzy and Elph wanted to go along and support their mates, why on earth did they have to drive themselves there? Shouldn't they have been allowed and welcome to travel with the rest of the squad?

On the subject of mobile phones, I noticed several fans using them at Hereford on Tuesday night. Did that mean they didn't care about the club either? - I think not!

Why didn't they share car, saving both having to drive, saving fuel and reducing pollution. Does Forster not care about the environment?!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
why on earth did they have to drive themselves there? Shouldn't they have been allowed and welcome to travel with the rest of the squad?

QUOTE]

I find that rather bizarre as I would have thought them travelling on the team coach would created more team spirit unless of course the team went very much earlier than NF and TE.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
why on earth did they have to drive themselves there? Shouldn't they have been allowed and welcome to travel with the rest of the squad?

QUOTE]

I find that rather bizarre as I would have thought them travelling on the team coach would created more team spirit unless of course the team went very much earlier than NF and TE.

I thought exactly the same when I saw Michel Kuipers scouring the Leyton streets for somewhere to park at the Orient game. Maybe there is just not many seats on the team coach??

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Seems fair enough to me.

Totally agree.....Fozzie is a latter day legend in the making and didn't deserve such nit-pickery!!!

From one 'Captain' to another (proper one), I say ignore 'em Fozzie - you are a commendable and admirable figurehead for the team. Keep up the excellent work!

:ascarf:

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I thought exactly the same when I saw Michel Kuipers scouring the Leyton streets for somewhere to park at the Orient game. Maybe there is just not many seats on the team coach??

Blimey, how many directors and hangers-on are they taking if there's not room for injured / suspended squad members coming along to support their mates?

Or are we so strapped that we're using a minibus these days?

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
Players don't go on the coach, as the coach leaves earlier, with a pre-match meal planned at a nearby hotel. Much easier to drive yourself, plus you get home much quicker! Also Foz and Tom probably didn't share a car because Nicky lives in Surrey... and Tom lives in Brighton.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Foz and Tom probably didn't share a car because Nicky lives in Surrey... and Tom lives in Brighton.

....and if driving from Brighton to MK, don't you have to go through, err, Surrey?

Accept the point about the coach leaving early, the meal, etc, but I think I'd still want the non-playing players to be there. In my book, that's called team-bonding. I'm sure I've read in the past about players at other clubs being disciplined because they did miss the coach (even when they weren't playing).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here