Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Foxes FFS

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Well this one popped up at the back door yesterday whilst we were having lunch.
F0B0C1FF-5891-4D88-A3B5-66B7DFB17472.jpeg

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Yes...they’re at it like newlyweds this time of year, there’s foxes living under the old boy next doors shed, I quite like foxes though,an interesting and much misunderstood animal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Foxes. Yup. Big fan.

Foxes2016.PNG.png

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Do you feed wild birds? saddo from Woodingdean

Yes I do, saddo from Ruislip.
Most evenings, there is this lady that goes to the end of our road with foil tins full of food scraps, empties them on the grass verge, where low and behold foxes appear in their dining attire ready to chomp.
This entices them into suburbia:thumbsup:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
You should tame it!

A friend of my grandfather once tamed a fox, he could pet it and it came when he called for it etc. It also pissed and shat all over the place and destroyed all the furniture but I guess you have to take the bad with the good.

anyone for a game of fetch
foxy-7a small .jpg

though this might be more suitable for this board

P1151067 small.JPG

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Yes I do, saddo from Ruislip.
Most evenings, there is this lady that goes to the end of our road with foil tins full of food scraps, empties them on the grass verge, where low and behold foxes appear in their dining attire ready to chomp.
This entices them into suburbia:thumbsup:

Probably a bit safer in the urban areas (at the moment). Fox hunting still goes on in its most barbaric form even tough its against the law and then any c*nt with a rifle can go out and shoot them because they can.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
My mother in law moved from inner city London to rural West Sussex a few years ago. Foxes were a very common sight on her street in London. Seems they had followed the railway lines into the city and were all over the bins at dusk at every evening. Now she lives in the countryside she never sees any. They're much more an urban creature these days as food is so easy to find and no farmers to kill them!

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
There are vermin and should be treated as such, whilst Fox Hunting was rightly stopped there's never been a humane culling alternative put forward.

The Hart family cat was embroiled in a late night fight with one in the back garden about 10 years ago, by the time we woke up and split them up the cat had lost half an ear and was badly injured and sadly was never the same after that and died less than a year later.

I'd imagine we are not the only family to effectively lose a pet in these circumstances but try telling that to the bunny huggers.

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Probably a bit safer in the urban areas (at the moment). Fox hunting still goes on in its most barbaric form even tough its against the law and then any c*nt with a rifle can go out and shoot them because they can.

Agree that fox hunting is barbaric, it's always been a 'sport' of the hoi polloi :tosser:

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
There was a fox in my garden at the same time as one of the local cats. They totally ignored each other.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
There was a fox in my garden at the same time as one of the local cats. They totally ignored each other.

you sound surprised. Lots of rumours about foxes killing cats , most foxes ignore cats because the cat will do a lot of damage. They probably have taken the odd kitten/old cat ( no one can be sure) but more likely this originates from them eating cats that have been knocked down... 250,000 a year. The foxes and cats in my daughters garden just get on with each other.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
There are vermin and should be treated as such, whilst Fox Hunting was rightly stopped there's never been a humane culling alternative put forward.

The Hart family cat was embroiled in a late night fight with one in the back garden about 10 years ago, by the time we woke up and split them up the cat had lost half an ear and was badly injured and sadly was never the same after that and died less than a year later.

I'd imagine we are not the only family to effectively lose a pet in these circumstances but try telling that to the bunny huggers.

Actually they are not vermin and neither has Fox hunting stopped so maybe you need to read up more carefully.

Sorry to hear about your cat but i don't think it is a common occurrence, not unique either so you are not alone BUT the number of cats knocked down on the road is much, much greater. 250k a year. Are car drivers vermin (especially those who don't stop ) should they be banned or indeed shot?

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Personally, I don’t mind them too much. However, one keeps digging holes in the borders and the verge at the front of the house which is a bit of a pain. Some years ago a family of them used to use the top of our garden for sunbathing on early summer mornings. 4 Cubs, mum and dad and two siblings from the previous year. Quite a sight watching the Cubs bouncing around. Caught it on camera and stuck in the PC somewhere. I’ll have to dig it out sometime.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here