Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fox Coverage Of The England Game Saturday

Billy Mays

Aug 14, 2008
Fruit Cove
For any of my fellow exiles just how bad was the coverage of the England game? Was waiting for the real commentary to kick in before reality dawned and it really was just going to be Webster and Warren Barton watching it on the box from the studio in LA!

Also was it just me or do they both seem to believe that the kid from the Arse is called Theo Walcock? Certainly at least one of them got it wrong every time.

Still at least I didn't have to fork out $25 for PPV so shouldn't complain I suppose.

Elegia

Jan 4, 2007
Yeah, and the tool kept calling Gerrard "Jur rard" I had to turn the sound down. Not as bad as that blonde Irish bloke they have on sometimes - he knows nothing about football.

Billy Mays

Aug 14, 2008
Fruit Cove
My son was banging on about the Jur rard thing as well. I think the Irish bloke is Keith Costigan? He's not great but not as bad as Bobby McMahon.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Totally agree - completely ruined it. Still annoyed that Fox US didn't carry the FA Cup Final whereas Fox Canada did. They also managed to knacker the '98 World Cup - cos they couldn't have their usual ad breaks they stuck block ads in during the game for Nike, Coke etc which took up over 50% of the screen - all you can do is watch thru' gritted teeth......

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
In Mad Murphys pub in Almaty, Kazakhstan they had an English language commentary, but from a South African satelite channel. I think one of the commentators was talking about having played for Brighton. anyone know who that might have been?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here