Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fourth Investec Ashes Test, England v Australia, Chester le Street 9-13 Aug 2013

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Killer Bs in this match - Broad, Bell and Bresnan.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
All the England boys on their phones. Bookies?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Magnificent win

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Great win, bloody hair raising for a fair bit of it though.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Now that the series has been won it will be interesting to see how the likes of Cook and Trott bat. No pressure = a hatful of runs?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Anyone want to buy 2 Day 3 and 2 day 4 tickets 2 nights accommodation in Durham and return train tickets. Offers over £680 accepted. Or just take them off me, please!

ha ha I won The ashes wtık taht quote and none of you tok up The offer a d I have drunk for 3 days bad had a great time. great value and one of the

best of the 9 test grounds I have been to England.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
ha ha I won The ashes wtık taht quote and none of you tok up The offer a d I have drunk for 3 days bad had a great time. great value and one of the

best of the 9 test grounds I have been to England.
Pardon?

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
Now that the series has been won it will be interesting to see how the likes of Cook and Trott bat. No pressure = a hatful of runs?

I'd like to see a few changes for the Oval - the Aussies have worked out Root - so give Compton or Taylor a go. Rest Anderson and try Finn or Tremlett and dare I say rest Matt Prior !

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
I'd like to see a few changes for the Oval - the Aussies have worked out Root - so give Compton or Taylor a go. Rest Anderson and try Finn or Tremlett and dare I say rest Matt Prior !

Completely the opposite.

Root must play in the hope he finds some form.

Going into the last Ashes series Cook was badly out of form, but scratched together a century in the last test against Pakistan and then had the series of his like down under.

Hopefully Root can do the same.

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
Completely the opposite.

Root must play in the hope he finds some form.

Going into the last Ashes series Cook was badly out of form, but scratched together a century in the last test against Pakistan and then had the series of his like down under.

Hopefully Root can do the same.

I think you'll get your wish and Root will play at the Oval. The selectors have shown a great deal of faith in certain players and generally it has paid off in the long run - Bell being the prime example. I just think that tiredness, form & injuries will come into play when we tour Australia in the winter and it would be good to blood a few new faces in case they are called upon.

Still 4-0 would be nice.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
I think you'll get your wish and Root will play at the Oval. The selectors have shown a great deal of faith in certain players and generally it has paid off in the long run - Bell being the prime example. I just think that tiredness, form & injuries will come into play when we tour Australia in the winter and it would be good to blood a few new faces in case they are called upon.

Still 4-0 would be nice.

The thing is we can replace the bowlers, we are a little more limited on batsmen.

I would like Flower to play 5 and 5 at the Oval, but I expect it will be the usual 6 and 4 plus Prior.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Cook owes Broad a beer, shocking negative captaincy that nigh on cost us this match. Well and truly saved this match pretty much single handledly.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Not lost a test in the last 12. Can't be doing too much wrong can he?

No, this team has some resilience. Despite arguably 2/3rds of the team being out of form, we're coming through in good shape - which only proves how poor the Aussies are.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Keep the same team. This is pretty much the eleven that will go Down Under to defend the Ashes so the more the Aussies get sick of the sight of them the better.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Just watched the highlights again this morning...

Wow, what a spell that was by Broad, and credit to Bresnan, both finally started getting up to a full length, and bang, 3 wickets bowled, 3 wickets LBW.

We're basically 3 nil up with our top 3 struggling, our no.6 and wicket keeper out of sorts, and really only 2 of our bowlers really firing.

As I've said before, this is one hell of a team if we can get the majority of them in form. You're never going to have everyone in form, but if we can be 2/3rd's in form rather than 1/3rd, we're going to be incredibly hard to beat.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
It won't make me rich! Its 5/1 or 9/2 -one or the other.

I'll see where it stands at the end of this Test. If Swann is still well ahead of Anderson, I'll probably put a few quid on Harris to be top Australia bowler at the Oval, as he'll almost certainly need to be that to overhaul Swann, and if I'm lucky I can collect on both :thumbsup:

I'm guessing there's an outside chance that Swann will be rested, given the last test is a dead rubber. England might think it prudent to have a look at another spinner, given Monty's lack of form & worries ahead of the winter tour.

That would be a horrible way to lose it....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here