Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fourth Investec Ashes Test, England v Australia, Chester le Street 9-13 Aug 2013

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
But Pietersen makes up for it with a gift dismissal just when England looked like building a nice lead.:facepalm:

At least he dug in when needed, it's better him walking off with 44 rather than taking on the bowlers from the off and walking off with 4

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
At least he dug in when needed, it's better him walking off with 44 rather than taking on the bowlers from the off and walking off with 4

Didn't mean to jump on the anti-KP bandwagon; he played well with Bell to get us into a much better position. I was just disappointed that he couldn't find that extra level of composure to go on and make a big, potentially match-winning score.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Bairstow gone... caught behind off Lyon for 28 (another innings for him lightly below expectations?)

England 221-5, lead by 189.

Bresnan in as nightwatchman.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Bairstow gone... caught behind off Lyon for 28 (another innings for him lightly below expectations?)

England 221-5, lead by 189.

Bresnan in as nightwatchman.

This could all go horribly wrong....

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Ian Bell 100* (184 balls) :clap:

He really has been England's finest in this Ashes series... three centuries in the series so far... and presently the leading run scorer (487), and over 200 runs ahead of KP (276) the next highest scorer.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Well done Ian Bell, this could be a match winning ton if he can push on.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Close of play on Day 3.

England 234-5 (leading by 202 runs).

Bell 105* (189 balls) Bresnan 4* (21 balls)

Six sessions to go... all four results are still possible.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Ian Bell 100* (184 balls) :clap:

He really has been England's finest in this Ashes series... three centuries in the series so far... and presently the leading run scorer (487), and over 200 runs ahead of KP (276) the next highest scorer.

To think he once had a tag of only getting 100's when England were doing well, every knock this series has been crucial and match changing.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Well played Ian Bell! Only the third English batsman in history to score 3 100's in an ashes series, first to do it since David Gower in 2005. And he was England's weak link before the series!

Great stuff. Lead 202. Decent morning tomorrow and we can put this match to bed.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Well played Ian Bell! Only the third English batsman in history to score 3 100's in an ashes series, first to do it since David Gower in 2005. And he was England's weak link before the series!

Great stuff. Lead 202. Decent morning tomorrow and we can put this match to bed.

What a great series that was for Gower in 2005, especially given his age! :thumbsup:

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

It's in a HOME Ashes series, I think as Broad and possibly Cook & Vaughan have done it over there.

Last edited:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Fantastic day's cricket, really enjoyed that. We're on top without being out of sight, if tomorrow morning the Aussies do to us what we did to them ...

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Fantastic day's cricket, really enjoyed that. We're on top without being out of sight, if tomorrow morning the Aussies do to us what we did to them ...

New ball in 6 overs, at the moment, I'd say it was dead neck and neck.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
It's probably been mentioned but why did this test start on a Friday as it means most people won't be able to watch the last two days of play.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
What do people consider an attainable lead that would put us in a position to bowl them out and win the match

I think their in enough form for me to worry they'll chase anything under 270. Pitch is still good. 70 more runs and I would consider us favourites 250-270 evens, anything less than 250 and they're favourite IMHO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here