Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Four season tickets up for grabs in today's Argus

DanielT

Two pairs of season tickets to be won

Entry closes at 4pm on Thursday the 4th. Winners printed in Friday's Argus & tickets collectable at the ground in time for Doncaster

Question: Which Premiership team did the Albion play last Saturday?

The free way to enter: take to Argus in Hollingbury, on a postcard marked 'Amex Season Ticket Competition' & include your answer, name and address.

The ways that cost you money:

By text (£1.50 + text charge): 80360 starting with SEASONTIX leave a space followed by your answer, name and address

By phone (£1.53 max): 09040490117 & leave answer & details when prompted

Full terms: Newsquest - Newsquest Media Group competitions - the rules

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I thought all the season tickets had been sold.

Ridiculous that the Argus can give them away when there is a waiting list. Unless, of course, they have paid considerably more than face value for them!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I thought all the season tickets had been sold.

Ridiculous that the Argus can give them away when there is a waiting list. Unless, of course, they have paid considerably more than face value for them!

no doubt the club gave away aload of comps right at the start of the process

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Wot no web option!

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Assuming all the answers will be correct, can somebody explain how you physically pick out winners from a selection of postcards, texts and phone calls?

They throw the postcards away. It is only advertised as a method of entry for legal reasons.

The text and phone entries will be assigned numbers and the number picked out of a hat

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
The whole thing is a money maker.
The Argus buy four season tickets- cost around £1800.
Texts and calls to enter £1.50 each.
£1800/1.5 = 1200
As long as more than 1200 people enter competition The Argus make money. £1.50 to be exact for every additional entry.
And after all that they will end up going to Andy Naylor.
Cynical but fact

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Of course it's a money maker, it's a business.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
An improvement on that ridiculous competition they were running to send two people to the World Cup. Buy as many papers as possible and the winner will be the one with the most.

A tragic competition alone, but then haul in a partner that never had any tickets in the first place, then claiming the Argus sleuths uncovered this - probably did, but only when no tickets were forthcoming.

Win a Trip to The World Cup in The Argus!!

World Cup coverage

One idea would be to get the person who won the argus 'competition' out to South Africa as promised in your 'partnership' with BYT.

We would like nothing more than to be able to do this - but sadly, we don't have the budget to be able to. As we said in the article where we exposed the alleged fraud, we ran the competition with BYT in good faith. Once we were aware of the problem with the competition tickets, we also went to some lengths to do our own investigation into the firm. And of course, we will ensure we continue to cover this case as it progresses through the justice system.

:wanker:

DanielT

just read both threads. didn't know about that world cup scam comp. if it wasn't for the fact that I only pay £5 a month for the argus, I'd cancel it.

couple of things in the last week bugged me.. at the spurs game apparently the ground was "filled to the rafters" - no it wasn't!

The "Gus says another striker on the way" - no he didn't!

the someone's facing the axe tweet, got a thread on here about who could be getting sacked - that turned out to be players cannot assume to be in the starting 11.

Such a spin put on nothing stories.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The Argus is tragic. Not a single bit of investigative journalism nowadays.

Their big articles seem to be related to the freedom of information act. I remember an article, not so long ago, about the police taking more than the national average of sick leave - not mentioning anything about long term injuries of officers and so on and so forth.

Full of crap. Embarrassing for a local paper. I don't waste 42p on the bollocks that they serve up. I have entered the competition, but not through buying a paper.

The site is rarely moderated. They allow such offensive comments all over their site. Particularly on articles about deaths. They then chase people that commented to find out the name of the deceased when it has not been formally released.

The smelling/grammar on the online articles are absolutely atrocious. It was only the other day that they had a blatant error on the front page, but it went undetected.

Newsquest suck. I'd love to have some sort of rival paper launched that does not get sub-edited in Southampton and veered away from nonsensical.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
This week has been a corker for the Argus;

It has advertised an 'Italain' restaurant and in yesterday's story about the travel chaos on the railway it referred to seeing people trying to get to gatwick 'leaving their cars by the side of the A27 and continuing on foot'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here