Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Four more

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I think it's a case of having too otherwise they risk a big dip in season ticket sales if we have a bad season struggling at the wrong end of the table.

Gus also think very strategically (as the whole 5 subs thing shows) and I think he and Tony Bloom have decided to ensure we get the majority of a strong team this season, just in case they bring in the spending cap next season.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
I think the two proposed CMs will still include another holding mid. We've lost Kish, Navarro may get a contract but is untested at this level. I think we need a little more steel in there, preferably a bit of height and strength to help win the midfield battle if our passing game isn't going to plan. Needs to still be technically good enough, though.

I also think Gus will bring in an AM with great ability from set-pieces (crossing, not shooting) - as we're still yet to replace Benno in that department.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Turienzo I think you have either been at the jungle juice, or missed a lot of last season, or probably both.

I'm interested in your logic as to how Bridcutt might struggle in the Champ, but that Sparrow will be OK.

I have that completely the other way around, and I suspect the managment team may do too.........

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Very encouraging we want four more. A centre half is a must. A midfield playmaker another and I'd like a wise old head in midfield, someone with some experience and then a pacey, powerful striker. What rumours?

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Gus' words are one striker and one centre back plus 2 midfielders. He says Damour is not the type he is looking for so rule out a defensive mid.

My guess is Navs has earned a deal and Tanno and Vincelot are full back cover.

The striker target has to be someone who is a good header of the ball as it is the only thing we are missing up front. If the rumours are right he will be our new record signing.

The centre back to my mind is likely to be a loan and I think a deal may have been provisionally done.

One attacking centre mid who I reckon we may be struggling to get and what chance another winger as back up?

This sounds very likely to me.

4M would take Becchio from Leeds, and he's not gone on their preseason trip due to 'injury'. Rumours he's on the way out.

Lansbury could be the midfielder we are struggling to get, and Anderson the winger.

Not a clue on the central defender, maybe to do with that Liverpool meeting a few weeks ago?

Last edited:

Oct 25, 2003
Turienzo I think you have either been at the jungle juice, or missed a lot of last season, or probably both.

I'm interested in your logic as to how Bridcutt might struggle in the Champ, but that Sparrow will be OK.

I have that completely the other way around, and I suspect the managment team may do too.........

no, i said he was a gamble.........he hasn't played at that level before and was infact rejected by championship clubs before coming to us

i don't doubt his ability for a second and he was, without doubt, superb last season.......but he and dicker, without championship experience, are both gambles

as for sparrow, he DOES have championship experience and was pretty decent, and is therefore not much of a gamble

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
If we signed a cultured, quick and solid CB, an industrious and intelligent CM, and some strong, pacy and 'aware' cover at LB I'd be pleased beyond punch. If we spend big on another landmark signing attacker then my brain will probably explode out of my nose.

There's one central midfielder at Djurgardens IF in Stockholm, around who most of the good moves, and defensive preventions, revolve.
His name is Daniel Sjolund, he's Finnish and 28 years old.

Could definitely do a job.

Liverpool once had him at Anfield, so he's familiar with the English game

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I just can't wait for the season to start, to see how we do.

Bracknell_Gull

Jul 4, 2011
Bracknell
Apparently Arsenal have turned down a £1.5m bid from Norwich for Lansbury.

Reading a few names being linked with Championship clubs today got me thinking whether any would be of use to us?

Portsmouth want to take Patrick Van Aanholt (young left back) on loan from Chelsea. Could Gus, as well as Bridcutt, influence him to favour us? Surely we're a better proposition than that pompey mob.

Pompey, Hull, Millwall & Derby are sniffing around Blackpool's Gary Taylor-Fletcher. If thats the calibre of club going in for him I feel that again this could be realistic.

Also Matt Oakley seems to be surplus to requirements at Leicester. If you want a decent centre-mid with championship experience he would fit the bill?

Again these are just rumours of other clubs interests, who I feel we can compete with. I in no way shape or form claim to have a source or the inside track on the clubs dealings, I just think that one or two of these would be good signings if available.

SeeGoals

Bloom’n Marvellous
Jan 22, 2009
Horsham by the sea
Very encouraging we want four more. A centre half is a must. A midfield playmaker another and I'd like a wise old head in midfield, someone with some experience and then a pacey, powerful striker. What rumours?

Robert Pires is still available on a free as is Reo Coker!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
This sounds very likely to me.

4M would take Becchio from Leeds, and he's not gone on their preseason trip due to 'injury'. Rumours he's on the way out.

Lansbury could be the midfielder we are struggling to get, and Anderson the winger.

Not a clue on the central defender, maybe to do with that Liverpool meeting a few weeks ago?
Becchio is a fairly similar player to CMS, I would think we're looking at a different type of player if we're still looking.

Gus has said a couple of times about the pyhsicality of the Championship, and none of the signings so far really deal with that issue, we still have a very small squad in that sense - at the back, in the middle, and up front.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i reckon we need a decent full back for competition and cover, whatever Gus says about Tarrico.

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
Robert Pires is still available on a free as is Reo Coker!

I see Reo Coker still getting in at a lower lever premier club & getting a great signing on fee....
as for Pires, lightweight for championship & past it...SORRY DIDNT MEAN TO SOUND NEGATIVE ABOUT YOUR CHOICES....
By the way i have to pinch myself to think we have bought in quality players, there is more to come & we have a new ground....
BRIGHTON ARE BACK

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here