Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Found A Wallet

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
disguise yourself as the old codger per his bus pass,rob some banks and drop a big one through the letter box of selhurst then leave the wallet a few feet away.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
In December we found a full wallet lying in the middle of Preston Drove. It had an address, we knocked at but they were out, so we called their bank who got the guy to ring us and he collected it from us. We only received a token "thanks" from the young man.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Phone and send it back without a shadow.... However.....

I know for a fact in my younger days curiosity would have got the better of me and I would have checked his balances and if... if he was minted I may well have cleaned him out. Its the truth and yes I am ashamed to say it, so you can burn me now.

Unwise my friend ....

ATMs have a camera behind the screen, this will hold the date, time and place of the enquiry / withdrawal and your mug shot will be all over the most wanted pages.

I found this out some 15 years ago when the person in front of me using the ATM moved off. I stepped up and the display said "Would you like to do another transaction?" [lady had left her card in and walked out of the bank].

Momentarily I thought, oooh, balance enquiry? But quickly tapped "no" and ejected the card. Completed my own transaction and then handed the lady's card over to the customer services desk. Here the manageress confirmed the camera. Phew !

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Unwise my friend ....

ATMs have a camera behind the screen, this will hold the date, time and place of the enquiry / withdrawal and your mug shot will be all over the most wanted pages.

I found this out some 15 years ago when the person in front of me using the ATM moved off. I stepped up and the display said "Would you like to do another transaction?" [lady had left her card in and walked out of the bank].

Momentarily I thought, oooh, balance enquiry? But quickly tapped "no" and ejected the card. Completed my own transaction and then handed the lady's card over to the customer services desk. Here the manageress confirmed the camera. Phew !

I know that I did say when I was younger and wild, so we are talking 85-89 so doubt they had cameras back then.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Hand it in to the police or the bank. Intact. Always.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
About 24 years ago I was walking into town (Worthing) and found two wallets in different locations. Each contained money and cards - handed them straight into the police station which took a bit of explaining and filling in of forms. On my walk home I found a third wallet!!! Again containing money and cards - went back to the police station to hand it in to same PC. A lot more explaining and some quizzical looks from the PC!!

The owners of wallets would have been easily traced - didn't get a single thank you............

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
I'd murder someone I don't like, and then leave the wallet at the scene of the crime.

Your average plod wont see past that and you'd get away with it.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Return it intact. It's what you would like if it was you that lost it-surely.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Unwise my friend ....

or perhaps the card issuer would have just credited back (off=setting it from the millions put aside for projected fraud losses) and not even contacted the relevant bank to view the CCTV footage, which unless you were wearing your work ID would have not have alerted them to who you were anyway.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Back in the days when pay packets were the norm my Mum got on a no2 bus went upstairs because she smoked sat down and then noticed something on the floor. She picked it up and it was a pay packet with money intact. The silly moo then asked some-one three seats in front whether it was his and he gratefully said yes :facepalm:

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Now reunited with its owner, all intact.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
The only time I've lost it was when I was on a train to Derby last season in October. Went to the toilet and for some reason took it out of my pocket and put it on the sink bit. Thankfully, a Brighton fan went in after me, saw my Brighton and Hove bus ID and returned it to me as we were in the same carriage! The relief I had was so great, as it had my train tickets and match ticket were in there! What's worse is that I wouldn't have realised until we got into Derby station! So, if you are reading this whoever that guy was, thanks a lot!

I've returned 2 wallets before, 1 had no cash in it, but the guy said that there wasn't any in there anyway! I was slightly worried he'd think that I'd nicked his money! The other time I returned one was on the way back on a bus, handed it to the driver with 120 quid in it, hopefully it got back to him okay, as it had his disabled bus pass in!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here