Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Forum and sub-forums - Covid Good News

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
The SARS-Cov-2 Good News thread was great but I haven't bothered with it since that dodgy 'imperial college' professor was given too much of a voice on it.

That's an entirely fair comment, but IMO the thread has moved way beyond the repurposing of the words of a handful of questionable Twitter personalities.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Considering we are off season, with little but transfer rumours to sustain our footballing interest. Oh and we thrashed lowly Pompey, in case anyone wasn't paying attention.

I have to say, how well I think splitting off Covid and containing the Bear Pit continues to work. Just one plea from me and a chance to see if this gets general agreement.

The Coronavirus Good News Thread, has I think run its course. There is very little that you could describe as good news and what there is, is swamped by conspiracy theorists. Is it time to pick it up and move it in with the rest of the Covid stuff?

be wrong to move.

Its the best thread and the place for real perspective in a media full of hype

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
It's generally a thread of good, helpful and (on the whole) well-informed news to help us all get some perspective when it's been too easy to allow the negative side of things - amplified by much of the media - to overwhelm our thinking. It seems important to keep that going to me, as this pandemic could easily end up being as much a mental health crisis as a physical health crisis.

The difficulty at times is to work out how to challenge any posts that seem to be veering away from the 'informed and positive' towards the more 'blindly optimistic'. Given the nature of the thread it can be hard to get that balance right, but generally it seems to return to hitting the right kind of notes soon enough.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Considering we are off season, with little but transfer rumours to sustain our footballing interest. Oh and we thrashed lowly Pompey, in case anyone wasn't paying attention.

I have to say, how well I think splitting off Covid and containing the Bear Pit continues to work. Just one plea from me and a chance to see if this gets general agreement.

The Coronavirus Good News Thread, has I think run its course. There is very little that you could describe as good news and what there is, is swamped by conspiracy theorists. Is it time to pick it up and move it in with the rest of the Covid stuff?

I was not expecting to read that when I opened this thread!

To me it's the best thread on the board (tales of Fireman Dan aside!) and should definitely remain. It's intelligent, balanced, rational and is no doubt a welcome relief from the negativity we're reading and seeing in the news every day. No one on there is denying Covid and all seem fully aware of what a **** this virus is but when we're all having to deal with the negative sides of Covid day in day out in the 'real world', it just makes me feel a bit better to read about the progress being made in the fight against it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here