Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forty Notes Fund - Quiz Night

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Forty Notes Quiz Night

The Forty Notes More or Less Fund is hosting a Quiz Night upstairs at the King & Queen pub on Friday 6th February at 7.30pm. Tickets are £5.00 per person (this is a high quality quiz you know), and are available from me, or on the door - provided we haven't sold out. There will also be a raffle there, with some great prizes. (Don't ask me what they are - we haven't swiped them yet).

All profits are going to the Forty Notes More or Less Fund.

I will be setting the quiz (heh, heh), and am interested in what people would want for quiz rounds. Don't worry, I won't make them TOO difficult.

Anyone up for it?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Hopefully we'll be down there by then and I love quizzes

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'll try to persuade Mrs Gwylan to come down for that. I love quizzes too.

The Large One said:
You're more than welcome BB, as long as you are not bloody rude to me like you were last time...:rolleyes: :ohmy:

Me? Never!!!!!:blush: (Was I really rude? Sorry! I think I have some recollection of talking to you at the forty notes about your post entitled "." but I didn't think I was rude at the time)!

Sorry about staring at you on boxing day. Didn't have glassses on and thought I recognised you. Couldn't be sure until you were 2 feet away!!!

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Great idea El One of Large! I'm very partial to quizzes - although particularly shyte at "Music of the 80's"! And with any luck I won't be stuck at home with the flu like I was on the night of the 40 Notes Christmas Party :(

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
BrightonBird said:
Me? Never!!!!!:blush: (Was I really rude? Sorry! I think I have some recollection of talking to you at the forty notes about your post entitled "." but I didn't think I was rude at the time)!

Sorry about staring at you on boxing day. Didn't have glassses on and thought I recognised you. Couldn't be sure until you were 2 feet away!!!

Rude - but foxy. I forgive you.:cute:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Sounds good. Will it be busy though? I would have thought the K&Q is very busy on Friday nights?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Turkey said:
Sounds good. Will it be busy though? I would have thought the K&Q is very busy on Friday nights?

It says upstairs, Turkey, so perhaps we can hog that bit to ourselves? Having said that there are two pool tables upstairs.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
There is a separate room upstairs 'The Tudor Room'. The management at the King & Queen have been good enough to waive the usual £150 booking fee. The capacity is 100 standing or 80 seated, and we have our own bar.

This presents one small problem. They can only have John Smiths on draught :sick:, and one lager. Bottled lagers, spirits and soft drinks are available uipstairs. Go to the lager poll for you to decide which lager they will have up there. Guinness and other drinks you will have to get downstairs in the main bar.

BTW the Ladies' loos are upstairs, but the Gents' is downstairs, because blokes kept flooding the upstairs bog. :tosser:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I could be up for this. I do enjoy quizzes.

Are we talking about teams (and if so how many in a team?) or individuals taking part in the quiz?

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Just had a phone call from Turkey

Apparently everyone is going to the King and Queen tonight for the 40 notes quiz night!

:jester: :dunce: :jester: :dunce: :jester: :dunce: :jester:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Buzza said:
I could be up for this. I do enjoy quizzes.

Are we talking about teams (and if so how many in a team?) or individuals taking part in the quiz?
Maximum 5 in a team. That's how many can comfortably get around each table. You can play by yourself if you want, but you must either be (a) unbelievably brainy - and therefore a cheat or (b) Nobby Nomates.

Should have put all this in the original message, really.:rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here