Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forster-caskey????

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
Don't really understand why he isn't been given a chance when in mid were really struggling. We had to fight off comp from alot of top prem clubs to keep him and we don't use him.I know he's young but surely he could do just as good as harley or spaz.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
We are in a bit of trouble at the moment, some fans getting on players back, things not going our way. The answer is not to throw in a 17 year old who is still developing, it's more likely to set him back.

Now if we were promoted with games to go I'd agree but...

jamesp

Feb 23, 2011
Penrith Cumbria
Mentioned to him on Twitter last night not checked if he's replied, but agreed give him a chance look at how well Dunk has done with his chance!

terryberry

Jul 9, 2011
Why should we worry about lack of experience? Look at what Palace are doing at the moment with their youngsters. How will we ever know if JFC is any good if we dont give him an opportunity. I'm sure he could do a better job than Harley. Even i would be a better option than Harley

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
If you dnt try this youngsters your never know if dunk hadn't been thrown in then he would still be sitting on the bench. Derby have been playing a 15yr old.maybe he is not good enough but just seems odd that he hasn't gone out on loan.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Loan move be the best option and see how he gets on. Last night we looked the most unlikely to get a win in this entire poor run. Wouldnt be fair on the kid.

jamesp

Feb 23, 2011
Penrith Cumbria
Why should we worry about lack of experience? Look at what Palace are doing at the moment with their youngsters. How will we ever know if JFC is any good if we dont give him an opportunity. I'm sure he could do a better job than Harley. Even i would be a better option than Harley
My 3 year old is pretty good, nutmeg everytime through ya legs and runs off laughing!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Hurrah. :rave:

I was saying to a friend only last night, "I wonder how long before NSC is awash with demands for the latest youngster to solve all our ills" with Forster-Caskey being the obvious victim of such unrealistic expectation.

Yep, an inexperience kid needs to ride into the 1st team with the hopes of us all, on his shoulders. That'll work. :facepalm:

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I would give him a chance - attitude alone may be better than some of the others, but have no idea how well he is playing in reserves / development and am not a football manager, so what do I know!

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
But he mite thrive on the pressure of coming in,even just off the bench to make sum thing happen in the mid of the park.bet he must be kicking him self for not going to arsenal?

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Hurrah. :rave:

I was saying to a friend only last night, "I wonder how long before NSC is awash with demands for the latest youngster to solve all our ills" with Forster-Caskey being the obvious victim of such unrealistic expectation.

Yep, an inexperience kid needs to ride into the 1st team with the hopes of us all, on his shoulders. That'll work. :facepalm:

Normally I'd agree with you, but as pointed out above - Palace have been playing a 17 year old for most of the season and he was by far their best player at the Amex. I don't think anyone is saying he would be an instant success and turn our losses/draws into wins, but surely it wouldn't hurt to start getting him involved and start developing him further? He's played in tournaments for England and so isn't completely inexperienced.

terryberry

Jul 9, 2011
Normally I'd agree with you, but as pointed out above - Palace have been playing a 17 year old for most of the season and he was by far their best player at the Amex. I don't think anyone is saying he would be an instant success and turn our losses/draws into wins, but surely it wouldn't hurt to start getting him involved and start developing him further? He's played in tournaments for England and so isn't completely inexperienced.

This. Why do we have a development squad? To bring players like JFC through. I think now is the perfect time to bring him in. We don't have anyone who is playing well at the moment so its not like he would be singled out even if he had a bad game

Last edited:

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
Thing is he wouldn't get a chance of getting near the first team if we were still up the top of the league and and a lot of u think now were on a poor run of form it's not the right time to bring him in,so my only thoughts r gus does not rate him that highly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here