Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forster and the Penalty

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Well the Donny players were incensed with him about diving and I think two were booked by the time play kicked off again.

Lucky with the penalty but as soon as the keeper parried it back to the right we had two players ahead of any Donny defenders so I knew we could score.

Inconclusive from I was in the South Stand so can anyone confirm a "tumble" or a nailed on penalty ?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Well the Donny players were incensed with him about diving and I think two were booked by the time play kicked off again.

Lucky with the penalty but as soon as the keeper parried it back to the right we had two players ahead of any Donny defenders so I knew we could score.

Inconclusive from I was in the South Stand so can anyone confirm a "tumble" or a nailed on penalty ?

Opinion from behind the goal (I was up in the South Stans by then) was "soft"

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I was in line with it; he was going at pace & his ankle was clipped. Definite pen'.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Forster said there was very little contact. Which probably means none.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
:D - it's one big love-in tonight isn't it, you big huggy bear, you!

How you doing anyhow, Q? Keeping well?

I`ve had a few pints buzzer and seen my team win and my best gals by my side...........................

i`m sweet.;)

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
From top of the family stand it looked a clear cut ankle tap. And yes, although it was saved it always looked like Fozzie would nail the rebound. My bet each way on L1 top goalscorer is still alive!
Really enjoyed the 2nd half today. I thought Donny played like a team in form and we came to terms with them and outfought and outplayed them by the end. Full credit to Deano for changing things around when Donny dominated early on.
My eldest lad said: who cares we got cold and wet cos we won. Good lad!
PG

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
We were right behind the goal, on the side where he was fouled. I think he was clipped, made the most of it, but isn't that what you do? The Donny defender was really at fault for making such a challenge in the box, and if I remember rightly, there was another defender in front of him too, so really stupid challenge.

There was another instance, right toward the end of the game, when Murray was well and truely shoved in the box (ooer) , to my mind, that was far more of a penalty, the defender went out of his way to shove him, but it didn't get a thing.

Oh well, onwards and upwards. :D

If Nicky could have gone any further with his run, he was on to score a goal and get applauded bigstyle for a fantastic solo effort.

If the defender stopped him without addressing the ball - then it's a nailed on penalty, even with minimal contact.

It was put away with aplomb, and I'm only sad that he was stopped from scoring after his great solo run - as that would have been a contender for Albion goal of the season in my books.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I was in line with it; he was going at pace & his ankle was clipped. Definite pen'.

when you're running at pace the slightest touch can send you down, not seen the pen but its always these types that are accused of diving because the the little contact.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here