Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forster: 3 points that were not deserved

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
You'd expect a manager to say that, against the team top of the league, who have just nicked a 1-0 off an own goal to be fair. Be a big moral boost for them

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I make that

Poyet 2
Forster 0.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
He's spot on with his comments in my opinion, didn't really see a foul in the build up to the own goal though. Saunders was very impressive

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
This is day one of manager school, if you lose blame the ref and say you were unlucky. I think he's going to make it as a manager

Agreed. He is bright, a good communicator and has that ultra-competitive / bad loser mentality that all good managers have. He said some very nice things about us in his press conference but also got in a few jibes about how our bench seemed very worried all game, that we were lucky to take the points etc etc. All good stuff!

Agreed. He is bright, a good communicator and has that ultra-competitive / bad loser mentality that all good managers have. He said some very nice things about us in his press conference but also got in a few jibes about how our bench seemed very worried all game, that we were lucky to take the points etc etc. All good stuff!

Well, we do all bang on about how bad losers Ferguson and Wenger are, myopic about their own team and very quick to blame others.
Is it a coincidence that they manage both the top two teams in the leagues?

'sladegull

fat boy fat
Aug 11, 2007
'slade
He may be right, we'd have taken a draw....but there have been days when we more than deserved all the points and come away with a draw so it all evens out over the course of a season .Fozzie is normally very eloquent so I doubt the written interview did him justice .......

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
first 15/20 minutes I thought we were going to smash them but after that I agree with him they gave us a bloody good game and probably should have got a point. No idea about the penalty as couldn't see what happened or what happened with the goal.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Rubbish. We had 3 or 4 very good chances to score (Murray 2, Bennet 1, missed pen) and I dont really think they troubled our actual goal too much at all.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Interesting that he says they won't come up against another team like us - wonder with Southampton agree :lol:

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Having missed a penalty, ripped them to pieces for the first 25 minutes, and defended with relative ease, I can't see how Forster's "undesreved" comments are in any way valid.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Having missed a penalty, ripped them to pieces for the first 25 minutes, and defended with relative ease, I can't see how Forster's "undesreved" comments are in any way valid.

On the other hand, Casper made two top notch saves, Brentford were not awarded a stonewall penalty (Calde's handball), and they fired just over with the last kick of the game. If I were them, I'd feel unlucky to lose.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
On the other hand, Casper made two top notch saves, Brentford were not awarded a stonewall penalty (Calde's handball), and they fired just over with the last kick of the game. If I were them, I'd feel unlucky to lose.

and they had to score for us, with a mightily good finish

Brentford were unlucky last night and could have won. We have our keeper to thank. Teams are learning that if they take the game to Brighton then our defence is not as solid as we like to think it is. On the other hand, if a team is going to win their division they sometimes have to grind out results as Brighton did last night. I thought that Sparrow was outstanding but Kish looked slow and a bit past it.

Brentford were unlucky last night and could have won. We have our keeper to thank. Teams are learning that if they take the game to Brighton then our defence is not as solid as we like to think it is. On the other hand, if a team is going to win their division they sometimes have to grind out results as Brighton did last night. I thought that Sparrow was outstanding but Kish looked slow and a bit past it.

With scouts at every match looking for our flaws, I reflect on our previous match against Carlisle, where Gus expressed very succinctly that he didn't like "how open" we were. To follow that match with another in which Ankergren kept us in it - you have to think that sides are all going to spot how we can be exposed.
Perhaps with Adam el-Abd back in the squad things will be tighter in defense, but are we relying too heavily on one man who ...could get injured or carded to be out again?

I hope he's there for our 'big' games, but Gus also has to work it out so that he's not relied upon too much either.
Some of our midfield has to also cover well when the ball changes possession in the middle of the park, and I recall el-Abd was also decent playing in the middle....perhaps better even, than in defense. So - we could probably do with half a team of el-Abds (not as strikers of course, because he's RUBBISH up front! :lolol: )

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005

Sparrow was brilliant at the start of the match, got into loads of dangerous positions, thought Kish was really good too especially after being out so long.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here