Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Formula One : British Grand Prix

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Shame, I was hoping they would switch it to Brands Hatch.

Still, important thing is they have kept a British Grand Prix. Little Bernie has had it in for Silverstone for years, so it was a matter of time before they lost it.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Brands Hatch would be great but its majorly lacking in decent facilities, Donington should be alright as it hosted the European F1 race some years back. Silverstone had their chance and it seems as though Bernie has had enough, shame cos most people have had enough of him!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
ecclestone160108_12999t.jpg

"Tell me Slavica, what first attracted you to the short, speccy billionaire Bernie Ecclestone?"

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
will be interesting, seeing as donnington is on a load of hills and has hardly any seats

I am guessing that there will be some pretty major investment in the circuit before 2010...just hoping that they don't have to jump through as many hoops as we did with Falmer.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
I am guessing that there will be some pretty major investment in the circuit before 2010...just hoping that they don't have to jump through as many hoops as we did with Falmer.

yeh it said on internet that theres going to be 100 million investment, but will be hard to find places for 100,000 seats like at Silverstone

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Nice work by Bernie there, to reveal Silverstone are losing the GP in the same weekend that they host it.

Top marks for diplomacy, as usual. He does seem to be on a continual power trip (short man syndrome?).

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Come to think of it, it would be way more entertaining if he decided that Loftus Road wasn't fit for purpose (ie wasn't paying him enough money) and announced he would be staging QPR games at, say, St James's Park from 2010.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here