Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Former soap stars - where are they now?

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
The Wookiee said:
have not seen this fella on TV for years.

stevenb.jpg

i wonder what hes been up to ?

I worked in a bank some years ago and I remember when this guy got his big break - he had to negotiate an overdraft off me. I let him sweat for a bit before giving him the benefit of the doubt when his producer sent me a nice letter.

He didn't let me down & paid it all back....

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I used to be Danny Kendall's (Grange Hill) boss.

And talking of Grange Hill, Bullet Baxter is currently playing at the Theatre Royal in Mother Courage - gave me quite a shock when I saw him.

wallington seagull

Sep 8, 2003
Zammo from Grange Hill is now a locksmith running his own business and shop in Wallington. He has a picture of him in Grange Hill in the window. He looks just like you would think he would look now, Zammo , but 25 years older!

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I saw Former Eastenders Chav "Joe Swash" (just googled to find his name out) in a cinema in Wanstead, and after the showing of "Borat", in the car park.

I can confirm that Mr. Swash was dressed in a Beaney hat, with his kecks at half mast showning his Calvin Klein pants á la the fashion of a couple of Summers back.

I can further confirm that he looked like a total pr*ck as he sped away in some birds low end Porche.

I have not spotted him again.

I hope this helps.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
dont know actors name, but fat /dopey nigel from eastenders now plays a doctor in holby city i think..

jennifer ellsion ('emily') from brookside went to to do some siinging, movies, and currently tourig UK with Chicago musical.

..I would like to catch up with Elize du Toit's activities, since she ended playing Izzy in Hollyoaks, sometime ago.. (o)(o):p

Last edited:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Whither this lot?

annehaddy.jpg

kevinharrington.thumb.jpg

neighbours1_gallery__371x550.jpg

Well, I hear that Kylie Minogue's still knocking about, but what about Helen Daniels and the rest?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The lady that played Helen Daniels (Anne Haddy) died shortly after filming her final scenes for Neighbours. She obviously lived for the show.......much like me. :blush:

Last edited:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Barrel of Fun said:
The lady that played Helen Daniels (Anne Haddy) died shortly after filming her final scenes for Neighbours. She obviously lived for the show.......much like me. :blush:

To be fair, it must have been stressful being her.

I seem to recall Helen Daniels having a stroke, a heart attack (or maybe several), being run over on possibly more than one occasion, and countless other ailments.

We thought of her as indestructible when we were kids. Going slightly off on a tangent, one of the scariest moments I can ever remember on TV was the sight of her wrinkly lips kissing some equally old gimmer, before disappearing off to paint in the great Bungle Bungles in the sky.

I'm still traumatised by that now. Old people kissing: it shouldn't be allowed on TV

:lolol: :lolol:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Barrel of Fun said:
The lady that played Helen Daniels (Anne Haddy) died shortly after filming her final scenes for Neighbours.
Judging by the photo, she died in a nasty hair-drowning accident that was just waiting to happen.:nono:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
The woman in that picture (apart from the gorgeous Kylie) is Madge, think she now lives in Ireland (MYOB our resident Irish expert may be able to confirm).

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Gully said:
The woman in that picture (apart from the gorgeous Kylie) is Madge, think she now lives in Ireland (MYOB our resident Irish expert may be able to confirm).

Isn't she the one who's just come into Emmerdale ???

rospants

off to ronan in the park!
Jul 11, 2005
brighton
edna krabappel said:
Whither this lot?

annehaddy.jpg

kevinharrington.thumb.jpg

neighbours1_gallery__371x550.jpg

Well, I hear that Kylie Minogue's still knocking about, but what about Helen Daniels and the rest?

craig mclachlan played henry ramsay

He is due to be at Southampton's Mayflower Theatre from Thursday 7th December 2006 in White Christmas, based on the record-breaking box office film of 1954 starring Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye. With Tim Flavin, Cliff Barnes from Dallas and Lorna Luft.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
The Wookiee said:
have not seen this fella on TV for years.

stevenb.jpg

i wonder what hes been up to ?

saw him at the who concert in the summer. think the large one knows him

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Ernest said:
I went into a pub in Birmingham and Benny served me , mind you he threw me out after I asked him for 80th time where Miss Doiane was .
Big lad he was too :eek: :eek: :eek:

Ex-children's presenter (forgotten his name) served me in the cafe in North Road (with the hostel attached) just up from Gardner Street. Got really pissed off with me when I said "didn't you used to be famous?"

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here