Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Former Albion manager set to QUIT tomorrow!

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
He's a fine fellow and one of the great chairmen of English football.

You're right, the truth did not get in the way of that either.

To be honest NMH i think people in this country are scared of people who speak their mind and tell it like it is, and like it or not that is exactly what Jordan does. Yes he needs a haircut, he needs to lay off the sunbeds and he is as vain as f***, but he has put his money where his mouth is and has always done what he believes is best for his football club.

No, Brighton fans don't like him because of who he represents, but i would hazard a guess that most of you begrudgingly agree with a hell of a lot of the things he says (even though there is little chance they would admit it on here).

I can only speak from a Palace fan's point of view, but Taylor was a nightmare for us and presided over the dullest football i have seen in a long time at Selhurst Park, yes he is a nice guy and has integrity coming out of every pore but he just didn't do it for us.

Having said that he was very successful with the England U-21's and i am sure his time will come again.
Are you saying that trying to hold on to a one-nil lead by going into deep-defence mode is DULL? I always found it fascinating when Taylor did this at Withdean. Apart from anything else, it brought most of the second-half play up to the end where I was sitting - so I didn't have to strain my eyes too much.

OK ... it didn't always work. But it always gave us something to worry about. You don't get that off EVERY manager.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Are you saying that trying to hold on to a one-nil lead by going into deep-defence mode is DULL? I always found it fascinating when Taylor did this at Withdean. Apart from anything else, it brought most of the second-half play up to the end where I was sitting - so I didn't have to strain my eyes too much.

OK ... it didn't always work. But it always gave us something to worry about. You don't get that off EVERY manager.

The problem is LB we didn't have the players to play that way, yet PT insisted on doing it match after match!!

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
To be honest NMH i think people in this country are scared of people who speak their mind and tell it like it is, and like it or not that is exactly what Jordan does. Yes he needs a haircut, he needs to lay off the sunbeds and he is as vain as f***, but he has put his money where his mouth is and has always done what he believes is best for his football club.

No, Brighton fans don't like him because of who he represents, but i would hazard a guess that most of you begrudgingly agree with a hell of a lot of the things he says (even though there is little chance they would admit it on here).

I don't like him for the obvious reason and also because I know people who've dealt with him and say he's an arrogant twat. BUT you're right, I do agree with some of the football-related things he comes out with, the one regarding Tim Cahill and agents being one. Though in hindsight he looks pretty stupid for not having signed him.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
I don't like him for the obvious reason and also because I know people who've dealt with him and say he's an arrogant twat. BUT you're right, I do agree with some of the football-related things he comes out with, the one regarding Tim Cahill and agents being one. Though in hindsight he looks pretty stupid for not having signed him.

I can't comment on him being arrogant, but there is a fine line between arrogance and self-confidence and i have spoken to the bloke and he is supremely confident.

By all accounts Cahill's agent wanted £125k just for him to sign when Jordan's argument was he knew the player and the agent had done sweet feck all to bring him to Palace's attention, he just wanted a sweetener!

In that case even though i and all Palace fans would have loved to have signed Cahill, i can see why Jordan told him to swing.

Simon Cowell says what he thinks - does that make him a character who speaks his mind and people respect?

Amy Winehouse probably 'speaks her mind' and could do with a lot more cosmetic help as well - and I put your chairc**t in the same category as her.

Jordan works for palace, Bates works for leeds etc. Respeck?
Not on your nellie me old china.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Simon Cowell says what he thinks - does that make him a character who speaks his mind and people respect?

Amy Winehouse probably 'speaks her mind' and could do with a lot more cosmetic help as well - and I put your chairc**t in the same category as her.

I am sure the multi-millionaire Simon Jordan really couldn't give a flying one that you don't respect him mate, and to be frank nor do i he is our chairman and for obvious reasons we are always going to differ in our opinions of the bloke.

Now go and look at the grass from your window you bitter old goat! :D:thumbsup:

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005

And you say what you think and everybody hates you as well! :salute::lolol:

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
He's like a rich Dick Knight really. Loves his club, heart in the right place, and passionate about football. Only difference is he's got the money to back up what he says, not that that's a criticism of our Dick. I've always liked Knight's personality, but Simon seems even more of an entertainer, and for that reason it's got to be fun to have him in charge. Simon Jordan:bowdown:

I think actually that is where SJ's judgment becomes a bit cloudy sometimes because he is such a Palace fan that his heart rules his head from time to time, he has spent a lot of money on players that looking back we probably didn't really need but he just so desperately wants Palace to be successful.

As you say a little bit like your own Dick Knight but with a little bit more cash!

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
I think actually that is where SJ's judgment becomes a bit cloudy sometimes because he is such a Palace fan that his heart rules his head from time to time, he has spent a lot of money on players that looking back we probably didn't really need but he just so desperately wants Palace to be successful.

As you say a little bit like your own Dick Knight but with a little bit more cash!

And hair gel!

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I can't comment on him being arrogant, but there is a fine line between arrogance and self-confidence and i have spoken to the bloke and he is supremely confident.

By all accounts Cahill's agent wanted £125k just for him to sign when Jordan's argument was he knew the player and the agent had done sweet feck all to bring him to Palace's attention, he just wanted a sweetener!

In that case even though i and all Palace fans would have loved to have signed Cahill, i can see why Jordan told him to swing.

Well exactly - the money in football as a whole be it for players, agents and indeed the prices we fans have to pay are absurd and I think it's good that Jordan made a principled, if not slightly hypocritical given how rich he is, stand about it. Just a shame that the deal would have turned out to be a bargain and that had he done it you might well still be in the premiership!

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Well exactly - the money in football as a whole be it for players, agents and indeed the prices we fans have to pay are absurd and I think it's good that Jordan made a principled, if not slightly hypocritical given how rich he is, stand about it. Just a shame that the deal would have turned out to be a bargain and that had he done it you might well still be in the premiership!

Absolutely right, we got relegated by one goal and Cahill's strike rate would have kept us up. But if my Auntie was my uncle...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here