Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Formation

tube train

Sep 10, 2009
i know hes Ex Palace but what about John Bostock on loan till the end of the season, very attacking and if we did have to play a 451 a midfield of Dicker and Bridcutt sitting and bennett noone and bostock behind murray would work.. anyway im not the manager so its doesnt matter what i think just think that type of player would be ideal and give us a plan B if things arent working

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Unless we get any serious injuries then Lua Lua is the only player I think we would look to bring in

Pardew has indicated that wont happen until he has had a look at him and he isnt expected to be playing until the end of March by which time it may be too late. We have got games coming fast and furious during March . We are getting yellow cards and even if the players do not know our system they may be able to be quickly shown so I would say get 3 loan signings in now as a safeguard to cover the main problem areas during injury or suspensions which are going to happen.

Has Bostock gone back to Spurs from Hull City.

Perhaps this thread shows why we are supporters and Gus is manager.

Last edited:

tube train

Sep 10, 2009
yeah Bostock went back at Xmas picked up a knock and they signed Matty Fraytt

and yeah i guess this does should why he is manager but i for one have always been very interested in the tactical side of the game so hearing other peoples points of view is interesting.

the other options to signing loan players would be the reserves! i know a gamble but the norwegian lad has banged in a few! worth a run out? simmonds the lad from villa was highly rated is he worth a run out

and as for full backs (think you mentioned signing one earlier in the thread) didnt we just recall Hall from Lewes again highly rated attacking right back.

but do you throw them in??

as i said be nice to have a Plan B

Last edited:

tube train

Sep 10, 2009
I would sooner go for older experience for the run in than rely on untried yougsters but then that defeats my argument re premiership youngsters

you would prefer experience but then it depends on who is available and what type of player they are.. i agree they must fit in to the way we play!

also where as older players can get nervous towards the end of the season and the run in maybe some youth wouldnt be and they would 'enjoy' the pressure more

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Due to the team doing so well I can't see us getting anyone in as they wouldn't be guarenteed a start.

Lua Lua is a slightly different thing as we know he fits into the team.

Can only see us using the loan system with injuries / emergency

tube train

Sep 10, 2009
Due to the team doing so well I can't see us getting anyone in as they wouldn't be guarenteed a start.

Lua Lua is a slightly different thing as we know he fits into the team.

Can only see us using the loan system with injuries / emergency

so as no loanee could be guarenteed a starting spot.. would you give the reserves a go then as mentioned before?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
so as no loanee could be guarenteed a starting spot.. would you give the reserves a go then as mentioned before?

I think its ok as it is. Our squad is good enough.

Yesterday highlighted a real lack of width but generally this hasn't been a problem so I think it was just unfortuante that Noone was out.

As the saying goes, if it aint broke, don't fix it.

I'd bring in a wide player if Bennett or Noone get injured but for next season we will def need another winger regardless of if Bennett stays etc

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think its ok as it is. Our squad is good enough.

Disagree completely yesterday showed with Noone injured and Kishishev not availablke that the squad isnt good enough especially if a couple players under perform. We will get suspensions soon as we are picking up a number of yellow cards.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Disagree completely yesterday showed with Noone injured and Kishishev not availablke that the squad isnt good enough especially if a couple players under perform. We will get suspensions soon as we are picking up a number of yellow cards.

Yesterday yes but our squad is good enough against most the teams as has been proved

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You can only plan future matches on the result or performance of the last. I am hopeful that we will pick it up against Yeovil but if we dont and if Kish and Noone are still not available we may have problems as Carlisle will not be an easy game. followed by Brentford away where we dont usually do welll and Nf will be keen to turn us over. I seriously consider our bench to not be good enough to up the ante when needed.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think Gus made the mistake of letting MK Dons play their passing style which turned out more effective than ours , they bossed the midfield as we adopted 4-3-3. In the 2nd half I had to look over to the dugout area to double check that it was Gus there and not Russell Slade as numerous crosses into the box were just aimed with hope that a miracle would happen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here