Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Form that often gets a manager the sack

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
Ah, confidence. That most elusive of things!

I'm a crap snooker player, entered a works comp to make up the numbers. Got through a couple of low quality rounds and then from nowhere I couldn't miss. Every shot I tried went pretty much to perfection. All the pockets seemed bigger than usual. Got all the way to the final playing better than I ever had. In the final normal form returned and every shot rattled in the jaws. I got stuffed.

I don't know where this confidence came from, or how it disappeared so quickly. I'm sure most people who play sport will have come across this thing.

We have players who can play really well and can score really good goals. We have shown that. I couldn't force just myself to regain confidence, so trying to get a whole team to regain confidence must be a nightmare. I'm guessing we will need something fortunate to go for us and swing it, or a complete break over the summer.

Come back confidence, all is forgiven!!

Nail on head. We all at what ever level we ever played football remember the guy who score a hat load one season. From speculative shots from 30 yards to headers hitting the underside of the bar and bouncing in of the keepers back he just couldn't miss. Then for some inexplicable reason the following season missing everything, scooping the ball over the bar from six yards when it would have been easier to score. It really does seem quite an unfathomable x factor sometimes. I guess its what makes the best, well the best. They never seem to be "out off Form" for long. My worry is that it seems to have spread through out the side. Trossard being the one that instantly springs to mind. Super player on his day but seems to be really struggling by his standards to hit decent form.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Weir was made deputy Director of Football a week or two before Ashworth left - suspect he will revert to this and new person take role

Due to this promotion Greer should be nailed on to be loans manager

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
One thing that we often hear commentators say is that Neal Maupay needs just one more goal to beat Glen Murray’s scoring record for the club.
Now I don’t know why that should make a difference but we have seen before that when a player needs just “one more goal “ , the goals seem to dry up.
Does it prey on his mind ? I wish I knew ….. but perhaps everyone should shut up about scoring records…….

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here