Forgotten/rare phrases

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
sussed!
And
sussed a beaut!

For a couple of years these were the ultimate taunts, guaranteed to precede a minor scuffle at thomas a beckett primary school in worthing.

bundle

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton
My old Nan used to say when i asked her how old she was "As old as my tongue, but a little bit older than my teeth"

My Dad describes anyone struggling to carry out a simple job as 'Your like a cow with a musket' which I now say to 'Dewe Road Gull' all fecking day!
I am always saying 'Jesus wept and well he might' so that doesn't probably count.

"......Cow with a musket", that is a blast from the past for me.

A chap I used to work with liked to use "sound as a maggot" whenever he could, anyone else heard that one?

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton
Remember at school in the early 80's flared tousers were known as 'Kennys' . No idea why.

Heard Hatty Jaques telling the school kids to 'Cut along' in Carry on Teacher a few years back. Use it on my kids all the time now.

Kennys!! lol that took me back 30 years to the school playgrond! Not heard that for years, thanks for the memories!

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Not heard the 'Kenny' slur, please explain (as I am a Kenny.)

As for my contribution "For crying out loud!"

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I always though Benny was referring to that dinlow off of Crossroads, calling somebody that meant they were a bit retarded? We used to call people "Molly" as well, still makes me chuckle.

I concur.

How about "Well go to the foot of our stairs"

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
My mother often used to say "Every Little helps", and I can remember being quite shocked/surprised/amused as a child over 40 years ago when she finished it with "said the old woman who peed in the sea"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here