Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forgotten Beers

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
Just thinking about all of those wonderful beers that have passed into history. How about........

DOUBLE DIAMOND! :clap2:

Any more?

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
SKOL, still see in one or two offies.

WATNEYS, remember havng the red barrell keyring as a boy, seem to remember it even had a stopper on it where you would put water in it??

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
_39447282_hofmeister_203.jpg

from the bbc article 'nobody wants to follow the bear anymore'

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
Anybody remember Tamplins, weren't they a Brighton brewery? I have a vague recollection that the North Stand had a Tamplins sign along the roof in the 60's?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Breo (if you even had that in the UK). Can't remember where I saw a tap head for it recently, obviously nothing attached to the line.

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
Just wondering how many breweries have disappeared over the years either swallowed up by bigger players or just gave up. Perhaps someone could attempt a 'family tree' of breweries.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Anybody remember Tamplins, weren't they a Brighton brewery? I have a vague recollection that the North Stand had a Tamplins sign along the roof in the 60's?

They got bought out by Grand Met or Watneys I think in the late seventies or early eighties.
I remember Tamplins real ale being sold in the Watneys pubs and it was along with Triumph Stag possibly the worst beer I have ever tasted.

Then there was Watneys Red Barrel................ Oh dear.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Tamplins was taken over by Watneys sometime in the sixties. You can still see some of their livery on pubs in the area - perhaps the best example is on The Victory Inn in Duke Street

SussexBrightonVictory_Feb07_1.jpg

sod1

Jan 12, 2008
Brasov , Romania
i remember they had a big promotion on Oranjeboom and it was sold in "coasters" (remember that place) ,i dont see it very often now

sod1

Jan 12, 2008
Brasov , Romania
around 1984/5 they had a big promotion on oranjeeboom, it used to be sold in "coasters nightclub" (remember that place), i dont see it sold at many places now though

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
around 1984/5 they had a big promotion on oranjeeboom, it used to be sold in "coasters nightclub" (remember that place), i dont see it sold at many places now though

You clearly (very wisely) don't drink in any of Shepherd Neame's pubs then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here