Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forget underwear on a far more serious note...

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
The best idea would be for that tight fisted git knight to put his hand in his pocket,surely he can chip in 300k or so for once.:censored:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I played against Oxford Uni hockey team. They were sponsored to play for 12 hours and invited numerous teams to come and take them on. They did quite well from it - and beat us, despite being 6 hours into their feat. :blush:

Teams pay to enter and they were also sponsored to go the distance.

Probably a shite suggestion - I have my thinking cap on though.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
portslade seagull said:
what happened to the money that was offered for constantine and the like has it disappeared again ?????
Same old bull-shite every year.The board put sweet fa into the playing side.:censored:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
sir albion said:
Same old bull-shite every year.The board put sweet fa into the playing side.:censored:

There is money to play with, but it is a nice idea to try and boost the coffers to give Deano a bit more prowess.

Should we have neglected to spend money on the Falmer inquiry and get the stadium up to League specifications? :dunce:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
sir albion said:

Very true, they waste it all paying debts and running costs of an athletics track, and wages for people to maintain a pitch that belongs to the council. And for dozens of stewards, etc. :glare:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Barrel of Fun said:
There is money to play with, but it is a nice idea to try and boost the coffers to give Deano a bit more prowess.

Should we have neglected to spend money on the Falmer inquiry and get the stadium up to League specifications? :dunce:
Thats why football clubs have chairmans for to help the financial side of things.I must of heard it about a dozen times we have funds available,but as usual nout happens.:angry:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
portslade seagull said:
what happened to the money that was offered for constantine and the like has it disappeared again ?????
Probably gone back into the kitty. It may even still be there - waiting for it to be spent on Constantine or someone similar.

Failing that, it could actually cover the cost of the expected fall in Season Ticket sales.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
we could just rely on what we have and thereby not spend any money we have not got.....if you see what i mean

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Re: Re: Forget underwear on a far more serious note...

Tom Hark said:
TLO could get it off to a flyer by auctioning off that signed Sussex cricket bat that got mysteriously withdrawn from the 40 note Fund raffle at the last moment about a year ago :lol:

that was a disgrace...i was hoping to win that

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
sir albion said:
Thats why football clubs have chairmans for to help the financial side of things.I must of heard it about a dozen times we have funds available,but as usual nout happens.:angry:
There may or may not be funds available, but I don't see why we would be lied to.

We wasted a lot of money on Turienzo, so cash was obviously available at the time, so there is no reason why it should not be available now. I think the board realise they have to back DW.

There are all sorts of factors that may mean we don't spend the money available. Would you rather we waste it to prove we had it? Or spend within our means? We went for it with Constantine and he was quoted saying 'It was an unbelievable offer, but I am waiting for the Championship' Was he in on the deception as well?

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
The Large One said:
I can even do a simple '40' design T-shirt in the style of New York college tops. More ideas from anyone on here wouldn't go amiss.

But yes, a 're-launch' is in order.
Famous Albion goals series - part 1

A t-shirt with Robbie R scoring at Hereford with Sussex hears the goal but I SAW, ROBBIE SCORE!
Get it ready for his homecoming at Kerry's testimonial..... :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here