Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forget The Wire. The greatest show on TV is...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What is take me out?

Its a gameshow where a bloke comes down in a lift into the studio, where there are 30 woman all in a row, the idea being that this bloke goes on a date with one of the women.

Each woman can rule herself out of a date with him by hitting a button, which turns her panel red. Some of them do this on first sight (if, for example, he looks like Simon Jordan), some will press the button over the next couple of rounds after the bloke tells them something about himself. If ALL the lights go red, then off he goes. Alone. But if he has some lights left on after he's given it all the chat, then he gets to choose one to go on a date with, from whoevers left (and believe me, there are some right BIFFERS in amongst the totty).

Its every bit as SHIT as I've made it sound....and yet it is strangely compelling.
Needs some Rohypnol to liven the dates up a bit though. Nothing ever happens.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I just found out the guy I sit near at work knows the bird who went out with the Irish fella on saturday...

Lets just say that the fact she said "hasnt had a date in a year" is a lie as he knows at least THREE of his mates have been through her in the last year...and she was in the NOTW on Sunday apparantly wearing some lingerie.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Its every bit as SHIT as I've made it sound....and yet it is strangely compelling.

Great description of the programme. It is the sort of TV I hate but I keep watching this. You missed out the bit where if the bloke gets binned by all 30 women, not only does he have that humiliation on national TV he gets to take a long walk out of the studio while the song 'all by myself' plays and everyone in the audience waves goodbye.

Not sure how the girl with only half her teeth (Emma?) got onto the show but she is the first one the blokes reject if she is still in.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
f***ing quality programme! I watched it on Monday night as i couldn't get to sleep.

That poor bloke that got rejected by them all.:eek: Tiff, the singer was well posh but i bet she takes it up the gary.The naughty minx.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Needs some Rohypnol to liven the dates up a bit though. Nothing ever happens.

In other countries the format works so this is a major part of the show. To be honest though the show is about the picking, not what happens afterwards. I had a job interview to work on it (ended up not being able to do it) but I suggested in the interview that they change the ending and have them doing something more interesting on the date, an activity of some sort. Wonder if they'll do it!

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
In other countries the format works so this is a major part of the show. To be honest though the show is about the picking, not what happens afterwards. I had a job interview to work on it (ended up not being able to do it) but I suggested in the interview that they change the ending and have them doing something more interesting on the date, an activity of some sort. Wonder if they'll do it!

Hope so. The Fernando's bit was always quite boring.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
let the dogs see the rabbit!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here