Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Forest - what to do?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Something tells me you haven't seen him of late.
Well in Rome he was bundled off the ball too easily, though the players were like dots on a landscape. If you're saying he's carrying too much timber I won't argue but when I say bulk up, I mean turn fat into muscle!

Affy

Silent Assassin
Aug 16, 2019
Sussex by the Sea
Strongest XI Sunday and may as well let the fringe players get some European experience against Roma. We’re now 200/1 to win the Europa league and over turning a 4 goal deficit when our goal scoring record this year is poor (20 goals in 12 games but that includes 10 against Sheffield Utd, 4 against Stoke and Palace) is so unlikely. There is an argument that when we score, we score lots but that’s not allowing for the inevitable rolling around because a blade of grass caressed a cheek.

Personally, I’d go for Forest:
Bart
Veltman, JP, Dunk, Pervis
Gross, Baleba
Adingra, Facu, Barco
Welbz

For Roma
McGill
Lamptey, Webster, Dunk, Igor,
BBB, Moder, Baleba, Fati
Ferguson

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
none of this resting players FFS they are professional footballers. Play the strongest team no exceptions and then same again for 2nd leg versus Roma
Agree - we haven’t got a game for over two weeks after the Roma home game

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Definitely not in the position to try and be to clever - desperately in need of a confidence boosting win!

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Strongest XI Sunday and may as well let the fringe players get some European experience against Roma. We’re now 200/1 to win the Europa league and over turning a 4 goal deficit when our goal scoring record this year is poor (20 goals in 12 games but that includes 10 against Sheffield Utd, 4 against Stoke and Palace) is so unlikely. There is an argument that when we score, we score lots but that’s not allowing for the inevitable rolling around because a blade of grass caressed a cheek.

Personally, I’d go for Forest:
Bart
Veltman, JP, Dunk, Pervis
Gross, Baleba
Adingra, Facu, Barco
Welbz

For Roma
McGill
BBB, Moder, Baleba, Fati
Ferguson
You never know in football especially European knock out football there has been a stack of crazy second leg games. An early goal or two and we are right back in the tie.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
i want to see a reaction from the whole squad, as others have said, play our strongest team.
a win will breath new life into our season and give us belief, forest fans will be noisy tomorrow afternoon, we need to dampen that down with a fast start and an early lead.

will it pan out that way, probably not.

I really hope all the doom mongers and pessimists don’t have any ammunition after the game.
we need to stay strong and get behind this team, they have been injury ravaged for most of the season.

#Together

UTA

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Don’t throw the baby out with the bath water.

Play our strongest side (obviously) but stick to our guns with our approach and way of playing. Have the confidence that we’re not going to make errors, and approach the game with belief. Start changing things too much will only increase the doubt and uncertainty.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
DONT CONCEDE FIRST

Verbruggen in. Barco in.

Go at them.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Our record of having the longest run in the Prem without losing 2 consecutive league matches is under threat.

It would be nice to keep it, but not confident.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
For Roma
McGill
BBB, Moder, Baleba, Fati
Ferguson
I know we’re probably not going to win but let’s at least put 11 players out against Roma.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
There really is no need to rest players now.
The "3 games a week" sic era is nearly over.

Any chance we have on Thursday will not be down to the fitness of players.
They will probably fare better from having a bit of continuity for a change( apart from Steele obviously. poor bloke must be shell-shocked by now).

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Need a morale-boosting win so has to be the strongest line-up, then the strongest line up available again on Thursday. Scoring first rather than conceding cheaply would make a huge difference right now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here