Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forest in Talks with Mick McCarthy

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Jeez Football folk just don't learn do they. Another Dinosaur keeping English football in the doldrums

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
He might be looking for another nice redundancy package, this is the perfect opportunity.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I hope they get him rather than Hoddle

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
He has a proven track record of getting teams to the Premier League. Unfortunately, Wolves first season aside, he has failed to do well once his teams have reached the top tier.

IfieldBlue

Apr 17, 2012
Astonishingly, Mr R Keane has been (or is) a bookie's frontrunner for the job.

What a choice eh? McCarthy or Keane..

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
McCarthy has ruled himself out according to Sky Sports, unbelievable!

Must be that he's told he's not getting it and thought he'd look like less of a twat if he said he didn't want it.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham

Must be that he's told he's not getting it and thought he'd look like less of a twat if he said he didn't want it.

Or maybe he's heard that the new owner possibly isnt what he seems to be?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
The good news is that the Kuwaiti's or whoever is advising them have one Dougie Freedman in their sights!

If he is quick to accept the job he should be in time to get a sneaky bid in with Leeds to take Ross McCormack to Forest with him

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I'm just wondering why,if they have so much dosh now, why would they want to sign McCarthy as manager when they could afford someone like Mourhino ???

Smacks a bit of Blackburn Rovers this one !!!

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford

He is holding out for a Premiership job.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Their number one choice would have been Neil Warnock if he was still available, but I have a horrible feeling he'll get Leeds promoted this season.

Darren Ferguson will be approached I'm sure and his old man might send Dimitar Berbatov there on loan if he sorted out his attitude. He'd be mustard in the Championship. Possibly Michael Owen if he's offered enough money too.

Last edited:

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Or maybe he's heard that the new owner possibly isnt what he seems to be?

Apparently, and i say apparently, because I can't remember whether it was this lot or the Canadian NHL team owners, they seemed a tad dodgy after the Leeds fans did some digging.

Not saying they aren't wealthy, but a lot of info was collected by Leeds fans when they were interested in buying Leeds, and they weren't too fussed about losing out to Forest. This all comes from a pair of Leeds mates at Uni, so not sure how reliable, but was all over WACCOE so they say. Doesn't mean they aren't wealthy though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here