Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Forest Green (a)

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Albion need at least two points from tonight's game if they want to progress to the knock-out phase.

Is that right? Looks to me as if we could still progress. If we beat the Cobblers in the regulation 90 minutes we will have 4 pts. If Walsall do the same to the Vegans, FGR and Northants will only have 3 pts.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Disappointed we sat back so deep and let them dominate as much as they did. Tsongui looked excellemt before the sending off, and Turns looked very calm and capable too. Tod Miller never gave up chasing and harrying - literally ran his legs off by the end! Bit disppointed with Tolaj, but to be fair he didn't get much supply, particular in areas where he could have done damage. He spent most of the game in the Brighton half (as did most of the team! - although TBF it was a rearguard action after we went down to ten men)

I know we were missing some because of international duties, but I'd have liked to have seen Roberts and Richards included (I think they'd qualify!) Forest Green didn't look at all bad - couple of speedie players in their ranks too!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I liked the look of Ifill tonight, he’s very fast. Ofiah has got good feet, he turned out of trouble well a couple of times in the second half. Tsongui was very vocal, Turns looks classy, Miller looks like a 70’s footballer with his haircut (like a young Peter Sayer) he played well. Tolaj had little service tonight, wasn’t really his game. Yeah they did alright, it was quite good fun and brilliant to be stood on a terrace again, I’ve missed them.

Didn’t enjoy my chips and curry sauce and the green coke wasn’t particularly pleasant, but it’s a nice little ground, the locals and stewards were friendly and the pitch looked immaculate.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I liked the look of Ifill tonight, he’s very fast. Ofiah has got good feet, he turned out of trouble well a couple of times in the second half. Tsongui was very vocal, Turns looks classy, Miller looks like a 70’s footballer with his haircut (like a young Peter Sayer) he played well. Tolaj had little service tonight, wasn’t really his game. Yeah they did alright, it was quite good fun and brilliant to be stood on a terrace again, I’ve missed them.

Didn’t enjoy my chips and curry sauce and the green coke wasn’t particularly pleasant, but it’s a nice little ground, the locals and stewards were friendly and the pitch looked immaculate.

Yes, his "F*c*ing sh*t" was loudly delivered as he walked off the pitch! (I was sitting with some FGR STH friends more or less behind the Albion dugout). Imperious up to that error though, I thought - positioning and anticipation was excellent.
Hope he opts for England rather than Belgium or Cameroon - after all, he's lived here and been brought up and educated here since he was five. He's seriously good,and has very impressively learned the right things to say when sent off!

ALBION28

Jul 26, 2011
DONCASTER
Like others who were there, I felt it was an enjoyable evening of footie. Love watching all things Albion. Had to sit in the disabled section (took wife) in the home end/side (no disabled section in away end) and next to the Forest Green manager who was quite vocal with his instructions though unusually one time he shouted 'hoof' and the player obliged and nearly caught us out. Thought Todd Miller was terrific. At one point it was like watching Peter Ward of old running at them swerving his way through the Forest Green ranks. Never thought I would see that again in my lifetime. Tolaj was combative and took his goal well. I thought going down to 10 would finish us but the boys dug in and bravely Crofts kept three upfront instead of ditching one for a defender aka what normally seems to happen. Pepuion was bright and you could see he was thinking of his best options all the time. Mcgill made several great saves but will need to work on his penalty-saving strategy. Overall a really good effort. Thank you lads.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here