Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Forest Gate 2" have just beeen released without charges

The Police will get blamed again for cocking up.

But who gave them the duff info.

Our security forces are a frigging joke?

Or is this a cunning plan to piss off all non-whites in the UK?

Was that the one they shot? :(

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Bozza said:
Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

If true; this is a massive own goal.

I do know where Bozza is coming from; but how would any of us fancy a scenario where you are lying in bed early one morning, possibly - if you are fortunate (who knows!) - in a post coital miasma. Suddenly Old Bill bursts in all guns blazing just because someone tipped them off. This is because they watched you take delivery of a couple of sacks of John Innis No.1 and because you happen to have slightly darker skin than Kate Moss.

Lets face it, their intelligence is about as reliable as tips on NSC for the 3:30 at Kempton.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I cannot beleive the Met would have done this without some form of evidence.

So they got it wrong but best check rather than face the enquiry after the event has happened.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I heard a discussion on this on Radio 4 (I think) a few days back - so obviously before these chaps were released without charge.

One of those debating the point said he wanted to go back to when the police gathered evidence before making an arrest. I questioned this at the time, and I still do - is that always an option in the world we live in today?

There is no way the police would mount a 250 man operation unless they had very credible intelligence that something was amiss. That "intelligence" on this occasion has proven to be woefully incorrect and I'm sure, out of our inquisitive eyes, actions will be taken with respect to the specific intelligence channel that has proven to have failed this time round.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
The police have always said they acted on intelligence from the Security Service, don't forget. So, unlike in the de Menezes case, they were just following orders here.

Not that I don't expect them to get a complete panning for it anyway.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I very much hope they don't if they are acting on advice.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
My old neck of the woods, Forest Gate. Used to own a house there, nice part of London, loved it. Huge ethnic mix, so this whole episode has caused problems. Muslims there feel victimised as it is a lot of the time, so this will have only exacerbated it.

Police / security intelligence in this country is shit.

Last edited:

E

enigma

eastlondonseagull said:
My old neck of the woods, Forest Gate. Used to own a house there, nice part of London, loved it. Huge ethnic mix, so this whole episode has caused problems. Muslims there feel victimised as it is a lot of the time, so this will have only exacerbated it.

Police / security intelligence in this country is shit.

Nice part of London? Granted, the houses arent as bad as they might be, but Forest Gate is a dump, no two ways about it.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
jonny.rainbow said:
The compensation pay out for a gunshot wound to the shoulder will be massive.
Perhaps that explains the story that one brother shot the other after taking a gun out of the hand of a trained weapons officer.

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003
I'd rather they f*** up and cause a stink, than miss everything and have all kinds of shit break loose...

Oh wait...

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
So far since last years attack, 3 attempts have been foiled and 60 people are waiting trial on terrorist charges.

Some innocents will be caught up but better that than letting some slip through the net.

As we are on intelligence matters, the tip of in iraq about Zaquarwi also produced a gold mine of accurate intelligence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here