Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forest Fans' views on Withdean!!

Why don't they build us a new stadium or find us land within Brighton without local councils or residents fighting tooth and nail to stop it then instead of sitting there whinging about it. Yeah Withdean's crap. Newsflash! Get over it.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I thought their goal was absolute class

reminded me of Bobby's at Hudders many years ago now.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Dave the Gaffer said:
I thought their goal was absolute class

reminded me of Bobby's at Hudders many years ago now.

took it well but thought our players were doing great impressions of giant subbeuteo players which made it look good

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
To be fair, it IS where I and hundreds of others used to have school sports days!

I remember having my school sportsdays there. Andy Ripley gave out the trophies, if I remember rightly. And Steve Ovett was there, too.

Memories :blush:

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Man of Harveys said:
*sigh* When will the club make it clear to away fans that we don't like only being able to offer them that view either? It should get 1-2 of them behind the Falmer campaign. A sign. In the away end. That's all it would take.
The club did make it clear, with five posters on the away turnstiles apologising to their fans.
Woodchip said:
Quite a good idea. "If you do not appreciate being this far from the ground, please sign a postcard on your way out."
Er, that's why we produced thousands of special Away Fans' postcards. And why we had four people dishing them out at the Forest end.

The response was magnificent, with 414 postcards handed in, plus dozens taken away for friends. And loads of really great, supportive comments from a bunch of genuine fans.

Presumably, nobody heard Paul Samrah's half-time tribute to the Forest fans. No surprise there. But it included this quote from one of the Forest message boards:-

“I think the way this has been handled by the powers that be is a disgrace. It sums up what a pathetic country we live in.
I hope you finally get it mate, there is no club around that deserves it more than you guys!”

Last edited:

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Gilliver's Travels said:
The response was magnificent, with 414 postcards handed in, plus dozens taken away for friends. And loads of really great, supportive comments from a bunch of genuine fans...

"I think the way this has been handled by the powers that be is a disgrace. It sums up what a pathetic country we live in.
I hope you finally get it mate, there is no club around that deserves it more than you guys!"

:clap: :clap:

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Gilliver's Travels said:
“I think the way this has been handled by the powers that be is a disgrace. It sums up what a pathetic country we live in.
I hope you finally get it mate, there is no club around that deserves it more than you guys!”

:clap: :clap:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Granted I've only been there once this season, but unless things have changed HUGELY this season, the Withdean pitch is normally pretty damn good!

Slag off the view, the lack of atmosphere, the shit food, the long walk for a piss the lack of cover the lack of parking the price of tickets etc. But to moan about the quality of the pitch when it is the ONLY redeeming factor about the place, is just taking the PISS!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Gilliver's Travels said:
[B
" The stadium and pitch were an absolute joke. It felt like I'd turned up to a kiddies' sports day. I think the pitch made it hard for us to play a passing game as the ball bobbled around. At times, I could see what Calderwood is trying to do. I think we were a much classier team than Brighton, and would have easily beaten them on a good pitch. "

[/B]

Point 1. It still amazes me that some fans don't know of our plight. Particularly of clubs that have been to Withdean before!

Point 2. Bad pitch? I think you'll find that the current Premership Champions is a lot worse!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Lammy said:
Granted I've only been there once this season, but unless things have changed HUGELY this season, the Withdean pitch is normally pretty damn good!

Slag off the view, the lack of atmosphere, the shit food, the long walk for a piss the lack of cover the lack of parking the price of tickets etc. But to moan about the quality of the pitch when it is the ONLY redeeming factor about the place, is just taking the PISS!

yep , has changed HUGELY this season. The pitch is bad , in worse condition than I can recall in several years. Patches of sand etc

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Dougal said:
yep , has changed HUGELY this season. The pitch is bad , in worse condition than I can recall in several years. Patches of sand etc

But the whole of the UK has experineced LOADS of rain this winter. I can't believe many other league 1 pitches fair any better?

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Re: Re: Forest Fans' views on Withdean!!

Buzz said:
Point 2. Bad pitch? I think you'll find that the current Premership Champions is a lot worse! [/B]

they lost there too

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Lammy said:

It was very good for the majority of the season. Its a bit dodgy now but its been far far worse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here