Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forest Fans' views on Withdean!!

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
" The 'stadium' was a joke (spent the second half looking through the goalie's nets to see the pitch) with only there Stuart Hallesque commentator livening things up. "

" The stadium and pitch were an absolute joke. It felt like I'd turned up to a kiddies' sports day. I think the pitch made it hard for us to play a passing game as the ball bobbled around. At times, I could see what Calderwood is trying to do. I think we were a much classier team than Brighton, and would have easily beaten them on a good pitch. "

Now for a picture of the Kiddies Sports Day -

forestawayendviewimgp73bn8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Rigoglioso

Nov 7, 2006
Donny
Looking at that pic, you can't even see the goal-line at the other end.

It doesn't look as bad as I imagine it to be though. Looking forward to coming on 7th April!

Oct 25, 2003
what they seem to forget is that they only have to be there ONCE A SEASON

their players will have played on FAR worse pitches during their careers to the argument about our pitch ruining their passing game is quite frankly BOLLOCKS

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
im sure i could pass a ball on a bumpy pitch. i mean we do it at sunday league so im sure paid players can manage...

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
If the ball had not hit a divot and bounced up nicely Forest would not have scored. Compared to the Goldstone, the pitch is a disgrace, but the only time I went to Forest the pitch was worse.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
BensGrandad said:
Why should the pitch be so bad because we are employing and paying the groundsmen I thought.

The soil must be wrong. It has got be clayish sticky soil. If it was a proper stadium, the whole lot would be dug up, drainage put in and relaid at a cost of more than £1 million. We are not even paying for a proper pitch.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Does the type of soil stop it being rolled flat and or returfed or is the drainage the major issue.

Prem clubs relay their pitch during the season between home games so we should be able to do the same when there are no midweek games at home.

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It doesn't get enough sun for three months of the year for the grass to grow properly. Plus the ladies play on it.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
What are they grumbling about, there aren't many grounds in the league that are as picturesqe as Withdean, and we did take the hammer net down for them. It doesn't look like a school sports day to me, more like one of our biggest crowds for years watching too excellent division one sides battling for three points...is that a vineyard I see behind the stand, no just some sour grapes!

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
Gilliver's Travels said:
" The 'stadium' was a joke (spent the second half looking through the goalie's nets to see the pitch) with only there Stuart Hallesque commentator livening things up. "

" The stadium and pitch were an absolute joke. It felt like I'd turned up to a kiddies' sports day. I think the pitch made it hard for us to play a passing game as the ball bobbled around. At times, I could see what Calderwood is trying to do. I think we were a much classier team than Brighton, and would have easily beaten them on a good pitch. "

Oh f*** off! Yeah we play there by choice don't we! We both had to play on the same pitch and you only had to play on it once!

I could see what Calderwood was trying to do as well, trying to get his dummy back that he threw out!

2-1 to the ALBION

Now f*** off!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I heard one or two of our fans moaning about the balloons around the Family stand saying it looked gay. If it encourages the kids to go then who cares what other think?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Re: Re: Forest Fans' views on Withdean!!

magoo said:
Oh f*** off! Yeah we play there by choice don't we! We both had to play on the same pitch and you only had to play on it once!

I could see what Calderwood was trying to do as well, trying to get his dummy back that he threw out!

2-1 to the ALBION

Now f*** off!

What there are really saying, like any former "big club", is "with respect we should be beating small clubs like Brighton"

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
balloons were good although would of been better if blue and white.

Ground actually looks alright in that pic , bear in mind a camera always makes stadiums appear bigger , reckon the view from away end isnt that bad. That pic is also trying to capture the worst by not capturing the south stand

f*** em , sour grapes me thinks

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here