Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Foreign player from yesteryear who you really rated!

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Sir Anthony Rougier -scored with each and every one of his available body parts during his all-too-brief stint with us during the latter stages of the Withdean era :bowdown:

I would argue, it was the early/middle stages of the Withdean era, was he not with us 2004/2005?

saintquin

Apr 13, 2010
Can,t believe no one has mentioned Zola! Great skill, entertaining and aways played with a smile on his face.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
The only man to win 1st, 2nd and 3rd in goal of the month (in the same month). Some of his finishes were just ridiculous, I think it was World Cup '98 where he got one for Holland vs Argentina...immense.
My favourite World Cup goal, and possibly my favourite ever, my favourite foreign player also. But not really fitting under the heading of 'away from the usual suspects' :) So maybe Alvaro Recoba, I used to enjoy watching him.

edit: Sorry, do apologise [MENTION=24420]Gullflyinghigh[/MENTION] misread the OP. In which case Bergkamp, Recoba, di Stefano (mostly through reading about him granted), Gentile, Craig Johnston, Sergei Gotsmanov amongst many others.

Last edited:

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
My favourite World Cup goal, and possibly my favourite ever, my favourite foreign player also. But not really fitting under the heading of 'away from the usual suspects' :) So maybe Alvaro Recoba, I used to enjoy watching him.

edit: Sorry, do apologise [MENTION=24420]Gullflyinghigh[/MENTION] misread the OP. In which case Bergkamp, Recoba, di Stefano (mostly through reading about him granted), Gentile, Craig Johnston, Sergei Gotsmanov amongst many others.

No problem buddy, nothing to apologise for!

Recoba is a cracking shout, quality player.

Don't think he's been mentioned yet but Davor Suker. Cracking.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Was playing for Sydney Currently without a club though

Could do a job ?

He'd make up for any wage costs by consistently curling in equisite free kicks. Sure, actually running might be an issue but it's Del Piero, who would care?

On the Italian theme; Casiraghi, Pagliuca and Vialli were all good to great players (Vialli is also the answer to several rather tough trivia questions).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here