Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For what age of child are people buying AMEX season tickets?

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
At falmer we will be buying in the family stand and will also get a ticket for his little brother who will be just over two and who went to his first game when we played FC United. Dont expect him to use it much straight away as he has a lower boredom threshold but we want to be sat together when he does start going.

I do hope you'll bring another child in his place as mentioned above or upgrade the ticket and invite someone else? I don't think having empty seats in the stadium was quite what the club had in mind when they made the generous offer of charging only £49 for kids.

If loads have the intention of buying cheap child seats and then not using them it will be a real shame :glare:

Last edited:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I do hope you'll bring another child in his place as mentioned above or upgrade the ticket and invite someone else? I don't think having empty seats in the stadium was quite what the club had in mind when they made the generous offer of charging only £49 for kids.

If loads have the intention of buying cheap child seats and then not using them it will be a real shame :glare:

I'm not rich enough to buy tickets on an off chance. I will of course be seeking to use that ticket by kidnapping another child or asking adults to dress like jimmy krankie. If either of these options fail then I will upgrade it and get some adults to come along as adults

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
I'm not rich enough to buy tickets on an off chance. I will of course be seeking to use that ticket by kidnapping another child or asking adults to dress like jimmy krankie. If either of these options fail then I will upgrade it and get some adults to come along as adults

Cool. Exactly what I'll be doing with my kids ticket. Just the way you worded it.......

Bet some folk will though?:angry:

ropey9

Feb 25, 2009
I've a feeling that child tickets in the Family stand (the only £49 tickets) will not be upgradeable to adult tickets, at least this is the policy at Withdean, you may wish to get this clarified if you intend to regularly upgrade a child ticket.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Does anyone know if you can upgrade a kids ticket in a non family section. I have an eight yr old have have got a st but he wont go to evening games and agree its better the seat is used. The club though seem less interested, for reasonable commercial reasons.

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
Does anyone know if you can upgrade a kids ticket in a non family section. I have an eight yr old have have got a st but he wont go to evening games and agree its better the seat is used. The club though seem less interested, for reasonable commercial reasons.

I too am in the same position with my 8 year old. She won't be able to go to evening games, so I have a mate who will happily pay the difference to use her seat. It has to be an opportunity to take a bit more money for the seat!

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I too am in the same position with my 8 year old. She won't be able to go to evening games, so I have a mate who will happily pay the difference to use her seat. It has to be an opportunity to take a bit more money for the seat!

obviously a sensible idea but it will look a bit odd during evening games with 95% of the fans being dads and dad's "friend" having to High 5 (or worse) Gully!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
My 4 year old and 7 year old and I will be in West Stand Block E, for years and years to come.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
For me the big issue surrounding bringing younger children will be the travel arrangements.

If I could drive to the stadium (or somewhere close by), I wouldn't hesitate to bring my daughter along in a few years time, the same way my dad used to take me to the Goldstone when I was 5 or 6.

But there is no way I would subject a small child to the bunfight that is going to revolve around getting 22'000 people into and away from the Amex by bus and train.

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
For me the big issue surrounding bringing younger children will be the travel arrangements.

If I could drive to the stadium (or somewhere close by), I wouldn't hesitate to bring my daughter along in a few years time, the same way my dad used to take me to the Goldstone when I was 5 or 6.

But there is no way I would subject a small child to the bunfight that is going to revolve around getting 22'000 people into and away from the Amex by bus and train.

Good point! Although my 8 year old enjoys going along on the odd occasion to the charming little Withdean, if she finds Falmer a bit too much, I don't want to be stuck in the family stand on my own getting strange looks from people, if I can't upgrade the ticket to adult.

Starting to think that 'D' is the place to go.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Are you sure about that - there are no price reductions in this area.

Apologies, just looking at the Plan it must be D, about in line with Block C South Stand at the moment just to confuse things even further! They are just over £100 each.

Good spot!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here